Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – Bassoraharea (Iraq)

Article about: Hello Guys! I recently came across this picture of a 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – situated in Bassorah area (Iraq) Since may 2005 no one seems to know

Default 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – Bassoraharea (Iraq)

Hello Guys!

I recently came across this picture of a 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – situated in Bassorah area (Iraq)

Since may 2005 no one seems to know what happened to this piece, or where it came from.

I know the sidearmorplates were taken off by locals in 2005, but what happened since?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71091388@N00/4449857615/

ian
    ?

Default Re: 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – Bassoraharea (Iraq)

no picture

Default Re: 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – Bassoraharea (Iraq)

I know it disappeared. I posted a link... sorry.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – Bassoraharea (Iraq)  

ian
    ?

hi mate i was in bassrah 2004-2006 didnt even know this was there , but all the t54s and things laying about were slowly being dismantled for scrap by the locals so i would think that will have bin the fate of this as well ,the locals are poor and only see the value of the steel ,and becouse of the war trophy ban it could not be saved even if we tried ,so i bet theres nothing but track marks left from where it was towed to the scrap yard ,shame cheers ian

ian
    ?

if you look closely at this t54 you will see it is sat on its belly ,some how the locals have had the tracks and suspension of it , how the managed it is beyond me but they are very resorcefull,and by now ill bet every thing is gone cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen Lorraine Schlepper (f) – Bassoraharea (Iraq)  

Yes I can imagine, what might have happened.

Thanks for the pic and the info.

Im in contact with the soldier who took this picture, and we would like to know for certain what became of it.

If anyone can help.

ian
    ?

the bassrah area is under the US army now and i dont off hand know anyone there , ill see what i can find out but it may take some time ,cheers ian

ian
    ?

heres another pic note again stripped tracks and suspension,sorry they are so distant but i wasnt about to go wandering about in the desert on my own (mines,snipers and such) cheers ian

Thanks Ian

I hope someone knows someone somewhere who can tell what happened.

cheers mate.

ian
    ?

looking at your picture again it looks like the poor old girl has bin hit,the gun is in the recoiled position ,and the gun and recoil rail look fire damaged ,as does the paint on the top edge of the engine compartment , if it was hit by 120mm LRFSDS it would have passed strait through without doing a lot of real damage as the armour is so thin it would have bin like paper to a modern round ,sorry i should be clearer lrfsds meens "long rod fin stabelised discarding sabbot " a n armour piercing round firred by challenger 2 cheers ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast