Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

10B aircraft part

Article about: Hi, anyone an idea what that is? Seems to belong to the 10B = Radio (Wireless and Radar) Aerial and Mast Equipment and Insulators section. It is about 8 cm long. Thanks and bye. Marc

?

Default 10B aircraft part

Hi,

anyone an idea what that is? Seems to belong to the
    10B = Radio (Wireless and Radar) Aerial and Mast Equipment and Insulators
    section. It is about 8 cm long.

10B aircraft part

10B aircraft part

Thanks and bye.

Marc

hi, First, I have absolutely no idea what your item is. However, with regard to the numbering on it I would say RAF. The RAF has used several reference systems to include:
    1. NATO. A 13 digit all numerical code devided into a 4 digit Section followed by a 2 digit country of origin then a 7 digit reference number. This is current.
    2. RAF Domestic. An alfa/numerical called the item "Section" eg "22" (Clothing) followed by a "Sub Section" eg "c" (Flying) followed by a numerical Referece number, usually up to 4 digits.
    3. RAF Domestic combined NATO. This comprises the Section and Subsection followed by the NATO 7 digit number.
    4. NIV. "Not in Vocabulary". a locally awarded Reference commencing with the Section/Sub Section and the initials "NIV" followed by the awarded number. Eg 1 (Tools) a (Hand) NIV 22323
    5. Manufacturer's Part Number. Domestic Section/Sub Section and part number.EG 26 (Airframe) DC (Vulcan) PN Avro 12345/34.

Your item is !0 (Electrical) B (Communication?) RAF Domestic Reference Number ii---. I would suggest that it is unlikely to be an aircraft part and more likely to be Ground Radio/Radar instalation equipment??

Hope I have not bored you.
    Regards MR

?

Hi,

thanks for your answer. The part has been found at a crash site, so it must be a part of the aircraft.

Marc

10B Radio and Radar aerial. What type of Aircraft ?
    Cheers
    Gary

?

Hi,

well, "What type of aircraft?" that is still the question!

Bye.

Marc

Ah! There are so many questions to ask that might help in identifying the aircraft. The simplest way is to find a part number on a piece of the airframe. How much wreckage do you have or is this it? is it in the uk? obviously if you shared the information on its location there may be members out there who know exactly which aircraft it is but I understand you would not want to reveal its location on line.
    Cheers
    Gary

?

Hi,
    all the parts I have posted are from the same crash site. It is in Germany and has to be a British aircraft. Until now we have no airframe part. Is there any database which can be sorted by region, so I could find more information?
    Thanks.
    Marc

can you make out the rest of the lettering?
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

The text is: 10B/11639.

Marc