Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The trees still keep them in their bodies

Article about: So these bullets found inside of the trees. This examples are Soviet heavy DScK mashinegun. I think this is the interesting subjects of history

?

Default The trees still keep them in their bodies

So these bullets found inside of the trees. This examples are Soviet heavy DScK mashinegun. I think this is the interesting subjects of history
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The trees still keep them in their bodies   The trees still keep them in their bodies  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: The trees still keep them in their bodies

Such a heavy rnd
    Ben

?

Guys then asking about the holes on the helmets
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I have saved somewhere on my HD a picture taken in Russia I guess, with a german helmet inside a tree...very impressive. If I find it I'll post it

?

I have it somewhere too, as I seen a lot of the stuff also, like a bycicle frame over the tree etc.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Ive seen part of a JU88 panel growing out of a tree !!!

?

Dimas I used to cut trees for the state (up State New York) one time when we were cutting along the roadway I found a old musket ball in a pine we had cut. The Pine was about 120 ft tall and two grown men could just get are arms around it. I was cutting the base in four so we could move it. I saw something in the wood and dug it out with my Knife. I still have it somewhere. If I can find it I'll post it. Great post. Gary

neat finds i have a bullet i believ from the 30s that i found in a piece of wood that had fallen from a rottening tree i still have itin the orginial wood it was shot into over 80 years ago

Such relics were extremely popular and were hunted extensively here in the US for the Civil War. I've seen literally hundreds of sections of trees and such Loaded with musket balls, cannon shrapnels, and every conceivable kind of odd bit a person can think of. I've always thought that such things were Very poignant and impressive!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."