Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A 3,7 inch A/A GUN in a Military Surplus Yard

Article about: JOHN Iv got time to look at them if you hava the time to post them. Mate I never get tierd of your posts, I've subsribed to everything you put up so keep it coming And thank you for doing al

Default Re: A 3,7 inch A/A GUN in a Military Surplus Yard

JOHN
    Iv got time to look at them if you hava the time to post them.
    Mate I never get tierd of your posts, I've subsribed to everything you put up so keep it coming
    And thank you for doing all these feeds , good man !

?

Quote by kiwiwreckdiver View Post
    JOHN
    Mate I never get tierd of your posts, I've subsribed to everything you put up so keep it coming
    OK , my "kiwi" friend. I will try to respond to what you are asking, but it will take more thread postings..
    Any way here are some sample photos of what is coming..!
    You can give the theme title : "Deactivated" WW2 light weapons ( M1s, carb M1s, BARs, Sten MGs etc.. OR the most proper title should be :" ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU CRY !!"
    These photos were issued only a few years ago.
    Enjoy,
    John
    A  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus Yard

WOW!!!!! What happened to all That wood?????? I would have a market for all of it!!!!
    Where was this???
    I Hope they didn't burn all of it.
    if so,, what a dumb waste of good Restoration items.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Hi there John,
    The location is at Athens area. Sorry to say, but as far as i know a lot of this stuff is still there rusting and roting exposed outside.
    John
    P.S I forgot to mention also many Bren MG spare barrels (as are visible)

Looks like a great area to go relic hunting. The weather is pretty nice to that stuff if it's been outside for that long. Please keep posting pictures.

?

Quote by kiwiwreckdiver View Post
    JOHN
    Here are some more pics, of last week visit in a mil surplus yard in Athens area.
    John
    A  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus Yard

?

Quote by jterny View Post
    Me too , Jerry !!
    Ditto

Probably enough kit there to solve the debt crisis if it were marketed and sold properly!!! Is it for sale or to be scrapped? Surely far more value if it were sold...

As a former gunner it breaks my heart to see that Bofor's 40mm AA gun rusting away. My uncle used those in the last war, and I was a 1st class layer on the later version of it - the Bofor's LA40/70.

?

Quote by skypilot View Post
    Probably enough kit there to solve the debt crisis if it were marketed and sold properly!!! Is it for sale or to be scrapped? Surely far more value if it were sold...
    Yes sure, these are for sale but not as scrap.

John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast