Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Article about: pilots shoe eh O_O and ive just left them there, will collect them tomorrow Its a weird place cos I find remains of 30's cars which actually reminds me last week I dug up a very american loo

?

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

I have a similar valve from a MkIX Spitfire, as Big Ned says, probably a compressed air valve but for the canon. Now you're getting somewhere!

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Quote by navyman View Post
    Definitely a set of battery plates,
    navyman.
    what photo are you referring to?

Quote by ian_ View Post
    I have a similar valve from a MkIX Spitfire, as Big Ned says, probably a compressed air valve but for the canon. Now you're getting somewhere!
    do you mean cannon? and you are saying the valve I have is from an aircraft? I forgot to mention there is a part number on this piece.

Hello again,
    I'm refering to the pics on page 2, the plates still attatched to the red and black terminals. Sorry, I should have been more specific.
    Cheers,
    Guy.

?

Hello Brataccas, the valve pictured between the bottle pics and grenade plug. I'm pretty sure it is a valve from the pneumatic system between the gun button in the cockpit and the canon in the wing of a Spitfire. I don't have a photo of the part I recovered and will need to journey into my shed to find out. I'm pretty confident it is though. I will get a picture but it may take some time!

ah ok silly me, digging same place and found these items, any help would massivly cure my curiosity

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Hello Brataccas, the valve pictured between the bottle pics and grenade plug. I'm pretty sure it is a valve from the pneumatic system between the gun button in the cockpit and the canon in the wing of a Spitfire. I don't have a photo of the part I recovered and will need to journey into my shed to find out. I'm pretty confident it is though. I will get a picture but it may take some time!
    wow glad I kept this piece then! eagerly looking forward to your pics! thx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

The black plastic item shown in the pics sixth from the bottom is a Type 247 "all ways fuse" used on various British WW2 grenades.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The black plastic item shown in the pics sixth from the bottom is a Type 247 "all ways fuse" used on various British WW2 grenades.

Cheers, Ade.
    thx for the info! do you refer to this pic?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...o-p1030247.jpg

Yes, that is the one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    That's interesting Ade. I've been finding them on a US Air Force dump. Will find them to double check they are the same.

Great finds brataccas looks like you need to get back there ASAP. Keep up the good work.

Andy

Hi Andy, interesting indeed. Keep us posted.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast