Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Article about: pilots shoe eh O_O and ive just left them there, will collect them tomorrow Its a weird place cos I find remains of 30's cars which actually reminds me last week I dug up a very american loo

Question 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Video: war relics dugup in scotland uk ww2 beach - YouTube

Hi all just recently found 3 new dumps where theyre all relatively close to each other, Im not sure I photographed it all or videoed it all as there's so much of it I found. Can anyone confirm also that the glass bottles I found are victorian? or post war? The photo of the lid isint very clear it reads "Space for name, Mady by cranbux Ltd of norwich England, Odol solid dentrifice"

The weird thing that looks like part of a electric pylon with the weirdly placed stamp reads "Made in england" with a weird logo and as I type this having a closer look at it in better lighting Ive just realised its dated 1943 O_O

Any shoe experts able to verify those are soldiers boot relics? or just civilian?

Is the mug RAF issue?

biggest find today It was round and big and complete, it was just an old frying pan

When I left as it got too dark I went back to one of the other little dumps and dug up a weird tumbler, "To bill (I think) merry xmas love aliana" what sort of name is that? is it ww2 era this hand painted tumbler(?)

also some of the glass bottles are old heinz bottles and that big milk type one says "creamery Elgin" on it

I have a 6 minute video showing some relic pieces hopefully to aid anyone who wishes to help me ID some stuff! video top of post
    cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  
    Last edited by brataccas; 01-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

The glass looks to be interwar years, 1920's-30's. The ribbed green glass bottle is for poison, its made that way to stop blind people taking it by accident, they also come in blue, sometimes marked not to be taken or Poison or rarely both.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

poison? O_O ill need to ensure I Wash hands after touching that each time O_O, noone else can help me with ID? seems noone is interested in dugup stuff anymore

I would not worry about the poison bottle, just give it a wash. I find these on a fairly regular basis, found one only last week, so no worries. Not sure why on one else has responded, though you might have been better posting this in the forum below this one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Looks good to me! Get digging !!

mpw
    ?

Agree with Bond. The bottles date from the 1920's to late 30's. Earlier bottles are usually made of aqua (pale green) glass and often have hand applied lips. From about the first world war on better machine made methods were introduced using cheaper clear glass we see today. The brown insulator was used for low voltage (240v) overhead power lines and sometimes are dated. Poison bottles were ribbed as they were introduced in a era of poor lighting and illiteracy so when reaching into gloomy cupboards for something to drink you were less likely to grab a poison by mistake as you could distinguish the poison bottle by its ribbed feel.

Iv just stumbled on this thread,looks like a great place to loose a few hours.Id agree with WH and get yourself stuck in,tons of potential and finds id imagine.Let us know how you get on!

i think the red mug is modern as i got my sister 1 made in blackpool!

Problem with Scotland is that every small farm or croft had its own dump where bottles scrap etc were thrown away. I have one of these on my land and can visit 4 others in a five minute walk. The items you show are though pre war typical of what can be found in most civilian dumps. With your dumps the question is are they situated on old military establishments or training areas.

?

The shoe heel in "0020" has the same grip pattern as RAF pilot's shoe remains I have found on a couple of early WWII crash site excavations - there my be a civvy equivalent though? Also the bottles look to go up to the 50s/60s, so the military crockery could have been bought as surplus? Is there any history to the site to indicate military use?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast