Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria

Article about: by blackheart0866 WOW, it would be so nice to be able to own one of these, and if it was in working condition, would make it so much better. Very nice, and thank you for the link, and inform

Default Re: About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    WOW, it would be so nice to be able to own one of these, and if it was in working condition, would make it so much better.

Very nice, and thank you for the link, and information.

Brian

Hi Brian

none of these relics are in "working condition" as such, they were only employed as static gun platforms, however, some do appear to still have their original engines still in situ, along with other "fittings". So I suppose nothing is impossible for enthusiasts to get one working tank out of bits from all the various vehicles. If not working, then looking pretty much as complete as the day the tank was originally made! Here are some interior photos, obviously the tanks show their age and neglect. Also, some tanks even have their tracks! Easy to renovate, eh!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria   About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria  

About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria   About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria  

?

Hi rudi, Nice pictures. I have not seen the inside of a panzer before. I hope these go to a good home instead of the scrapyard. Cass

Thanks sawman, I got the photos off a Bulgarian site: strange looking language! So I can not understand what is being said without the use of Google Translate, which is not great! I can not recall the "name" of the site unfortunately, sorry.

As I said, some of the vehicles seem to have engine components in them, but I image that the Bulgarians would have used most of the engines for other purposes before the tanks were dug into their positions. But at least some of the other "furnishings" still exist.

None of these photos have been taken by me, they are all downloaded from the Internet. I would love to go and see these relics though!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria   About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria  

?

Hey rudi, Thanks for posting the extra pictures. I would also like to see them in person. Were the pictures you showed taken recently? It would be nice to know the current state of these tanks. Thanks again. Cass

Hey sawman

from the sites that I have visited to read about this story, the photos start from around 2006 up to 2009. From what I can gather, the tanks and turrets that have been removed from their tactical locations by the Bulgarian military are now just stocked piled, awaiting something to happen. There appears to be a military depot at a place called "Yambol" where many of the recovered relics seen in the photos, are stored. I have identified the exact location on Google Earth, but the image was taken before the tanks started to be stored there.

Here are some more photos from the Bulgarian web site, the last one was posted in 2009, showing Pz IV's and T-34 turrets. Remember that the Bulgarians used old German armour and a lot of ex Russian turrets, mainly T-34, and one photo I have seen, a T-62 turret.

About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria  

What a waste, and a shame.

I would love to have just one of those sitting in my front yard.

How would a person go about buying one of those, and having it shipped to the states.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    What a waste, and a shame.

I would love to have just one of those sitting in my front yard.

How would a person go about buying one of those, and having it shipped to the states.

Brian
    I think you would need a shit load of money to start with, the Bulgarians are wanting top Dollar it seems! They also appear to want to sell in Lots, rather than single pieces.

Here is an interesting photo. It looks as if this Pz IV was "named" by the Germans before it was handed over to the Bulgarian Army. Base of the front edge of the turret. Shame that it is too faded to read.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About the tanks recovered in Bulgaria  

?

That should be a lesson about not being greedy- got away with it once, but the second time got burned...

Man that photo of is it 10 stripped PzIVs is amazing and taht Jagdpanzer- wow. Damn it stinks that such undeserving people (not Bulgarians in general, but the bozos who let these things rust for 60 years and now are trying to benefit from their undeserved 'gifts' in such a foolish way) have such awesome stuff...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hey rudi, Thanks for the new information and pictures. Hopefully the Bulgarian government will have a sale for these before the deteriorate any further. Cass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast