Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft canopy?

Article about: just searching today near the place where I found the wellington bomber wing airframe piece and found a few things but no idea if ww2 related, something that looks like the shape of an aircr

Default Aircraft canopy?

just searching today near the place where I found the wellington bomber wing airframe piece and found a few things but no idea if ww2 related, something that looks like the shape of an aircraft canopy but im probably completly wrong no pics (again) as ive lost my sdcard reader so I only have videos

relic at ww2 coastline - YouTube

bullet shell found, ill assume its 50 cal? found very close to the "canopy" its from an aircraft?

bullet shell found - YouTube

this thing was close to the other pieces too it reminds me of those oxygen things but dunno what it is:

relic found coastline 2 - YouTube

any help would be appreciated

?

Default Re: Aircraft canopy?

With the rounded metal of the frame, I can't really see how the glass/perspex could be held in place.
    I think the whole item was round in circumference, maybe something to do with the fishing industry ..

Gary J.

Gary's right, it's the frame of an eel or crayfish trap. There are ones the same for lobster, but they tend to be a bit bigger.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think one of your items is just a badly corroded high pressure rothenburg gas can for a modern blowlamp like the one i use a work. Sorry!
    Heres a link
    Mapp gas bottle recall - YouTube
    all the best
    Rod

well that clears that up thanks all what about the 50cal? (<--guessing) it doesn't appear to have any markings on the rear, is this normal?

Spot on Rod
    Mapp Gas canister

Aircraft canopy?Aircraft canopy?

Have 20 in stock
    Cheers
    Dave

The cartridge looks more like a 20mm. The other item looks like the steel reinforcement from an old council litter bin, certainly not a canopy.