Aircraft Inspection Stamp

Article about: Hi, does anyone of you have an idea which Aircraft Inspection Stamp this is? It must have been from around 1944. Thanks in advance. Marc

Default Aircraft Inspection Stamp

does anyone of you have an idea which Aircraft Inspection Stamp this is? It must have been from around 1944.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0492_1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	680578

Thanks in advance.

Marc, I am also in Germany and I will forward these numbers to a friend of mine who has a very extensive database of RAF crashes in Germany. I think he will be able to identify the aircraft type on hand of the numbers you provided. It would help though to get a location of where these parts were found, so he can see if he has an aircraft down in that area. His data base is sorted by Postleitzahl. Danny

thanks for your offer. What is the source of the information in the database of your friend? Are these crash sites which have been found or is it a RAF source with towns mentioned?

Marc, it is based on the original Bomber Command Losses, but consistently updated with historical records and information from other sources. He has been working on this for over 20 years and I would say it is one of the most complete data bases out there. As we are all aviation archaeologists or historians, I can say with good faith, he has been able to help me out on numerous occasions. Danny

Hi Danny,
    thanks for the information. At the moment I would like to ask your friend for an extract of his database concerning a range of Postleitzahlen, because I cannot give the exact town to others at the moment. So if it is ok for him, I would be happy to get the dates or an index for the following Postleitzahlen ranges:

40xxx and

Thanks to you and to your friend, who really seems to have done a good work all the years.