Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aircraft part ID required...

Article about: Was kindly given this from someone for my private museum ages ago and still have not managed to identify what aircraft it is from, very strong traces of blue/white paint and meadow green pai

Exclamation Aircraft part ID required...

Was kindly given this from someone for my private museum ages ago and still have not managed to identify what aircraft it is from, very strong traces of blue/white paint and meadow green paint on the underside or maybe its a type of glue not sure, Before I never managed to spot any serials or stamps but closer inspection today I found one reading "339 GP64B EO7, the G is kindof obscured or scratched so it may be a C or an 0, to the right of the part number there is a circular stamp with a V inside it, ring a bell to anyone? received in Morayshire area

edit: think the Second B that I put is actually an E, corrected
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft part ID required...   Aircraft part ID required...  

Aircraft part ID required...   Aircraft part ID required...  

Last edited by brataccas; 10-23-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Well with the blue and white paint it looks like it may be the US national insignia white star on a blue background, so it narrows it down to either the wing or fuselage skin. As for the aircraft type i have no idea!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Well with the blue and white paint it looks like it may be the US national insignia white star on a blue background, so it narrows it down to either the wing or fuselage skin. As for the aircraft type i have no idea!...
    I was thinking its from a naval british aircraft like the hawker seahawk which has this colour scheme
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft part ID required...   Aircraft part ID required...  

Angry

Got this piece gifted to me today by another workmate, I dont know if it is even aircraft? the pics slight overexposure may make it look light blue when it is grey painted with green non paint metal on the other side, I got him to write down where he found this and he put "pebble beach, north erradale, gairloch, wester ross in Scotland, Anyone can confirm this is aircraft? and what type it may be off? the only crash ive researched from Gairloch is an American B24 Liberator but did anything else crash near this area? Cannot find any stamps or serials, The honeycomb patterned glue? is weird, like a sandwich piece, very light also

got it, Tornado GR4 Jet ZG792

Angry

At findhorn today in the thorn gorse bushes where I was told aircraft were scrapped and dumped etc, found 100s of pieces but this thing is the biggest object I found in this spot, Is it even aircraft related or just junk? The metal dataplate on it says "PRO PAT26836/36" with "PAT No 467420" under the first lettering, object has traces of meadow green paint... oil cooler off something? very heavy

Quote by brataccas View Post
    got it, Tornado GR4 Jet ZG792
    Here it is in happier days, nearest the camera.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

found a serial on that radiator/oil cooler? after WD40 spraying it, "B 268" anyone recognise that one? faint circular mark/stamp too but cant make out the letters on it

Angry

Washed up recently same area I found few other things last year, weird contruction, anyone confirm its off an aircraft?

Found this on the surface of a military dump near milltown, anyone know what it may be?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft part ID required...  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast