Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft wreckage

Article about: Hi all ,looking for help to identify this piece of wreckage ,it has been in my possesion for the last thirty years.I removed the main piece of skinning and mounted it on my shed.Any help wil

?

Default Aircraft wreckage

Hi all ,looking for help to identify this piece of wreckage ,it has been in my possesion for the last thirty years.I removed the main piece of skinning and mounted it on my shed.Any help will be greatly appreciated.I painted the nose art myself.Aircraft wreckageAircraft wreckageAircraft wreckageAircraft wreckageAircraft wreckageAircraft wreckageAircraft wreckage

what country are you in? any more stamps or numbers on the parts? looks great that piece, I see traces of red paint underneath, where did you obtain this relic? not the best of ideas mounting that on your shed, relics that size sell for quite a bit on ebay, dont be surprised if a theif doesnt take it from you

?

Hi ,wreckage found on a railway embankment in Northern England.Will try and see if i can find anymore numbers or stamps

You may be interested to know that there was a B24 Liberator which carried the name 'Zoomin Zombie.'

When you say North England, do you mean near Warrington, or further north? I only ask because of the former US airbase of Burtonwood being on my doorstep. There was much wreckage to be found around here 30 or more years ago.

Cheers,
    Steve.

?

Thanks Steve i am way up in North Northumberlad, Canny good like.

This is an interesting picture but not a B24
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft wreckage  

?

Anybody out there with any ideas ,would like more info if possible many thanks.

MAP
    ?

Well the person who painted yours used the exact same paint, lettering, colors as the Mustang. They are essentially the same except that yours are stacked. Could yours have been on another fighter (P47?) Whose pilot the transitioned to the Mustang and took the name with him?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The casting with the serial shown 28 is usually PBY and in some cases on B24s, but the G is new to me so it maybe incorrect.
    You will need access to a parts manual to confirm or deny.
    Good Luck
    Mike