Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Aluminum parts...plane parts ?

Article about: Greetings Found this aluminum part and some other aluminum patrs scattered over a field there's still some dark green paint on it is it a part of a german bomber ???

Went back to the same spot and i ve found some sort of a switch there are some writings on it but i can hardly read them i think it s in Russian.on the left side of the switch is a roman number II in a circle i can see numbers inside 15A (A and a small Z in a circle) 245 also i ve found an object made of aluminum as well that looks like a tip of a propeller a wooden propeller maybe ???Aluminum parts...plane parts ?Aluminum parts...plane parts ?Aluminum parts...plane parts ?Aluminum parts...plane parts ?

The Russians flew and fought alot of planes over Poland. No doubt there are many who ended up there too. When you mentioned the dark green paint, Russian was the 1st that came to mind.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi
    I just want to find out more about this. I mean what kind of plane was it? my type is Il-2 two seater ??

You're going to have a Very tough time going through all the possible Russian aircraft of the war-and remember, the Lend-Lease program too, which sent many many aircraft from other countries to Russia that were then painted in Russian colors and insignias. Not to mention the disturbing fact also, that it is not even certain that it Was war-time. Poland was in the Eastern Block for almost 50 more years after the wars end. It's impossible to say that one of the Soviet aircraft never ended up there well After the war's end. (But I am thinking that it is, of course, more than likely that it Is a war-time plane!)

Not to discourage you, but Wiki, for example, lists under Soviet WWII aircraft: 22 fighters,19 bomber and attack aircraft,11 Recon and Patrol aircraft,12 Transport aircraft, and even 5 kinds of Trainers. I think you have a daunting task ahead of you to identify one from a small bit of metal!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The switches look similar to yours, Russian it may well be.

Regards Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aluminum parts...plane parts ?  

It turned out to be a supercharger stage switch from Pe-2 8)

no comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2