Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buried Spitfires to be returned to the UK

Article about: by Stickgrenade Here is said scramble ! A sight to behold!! Spitfire Scramble at Duxford - YouTube Nick That's what I want to come to the UK to see!

Default Buried Spitfires to be returned to the UK

I seen this when I checked the news this morning, thought that it was worth sharing... lets hope that it all goes ahead and we see a full squadron flying in a few years

Spitfires buried in Burma during war to be returned to UK - Telegraph

Thanks

Danny

Buried Spitfires to be returned to the UK

?

Default Re: Buried Spitfires to be returned to the UK

Wow , i never knew about this , absolutely fantastic if it comes off !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Excellent! Can you imagine a whole squadron....

I was massively lucky a few years ago at Download music festival. It happened to be the Queen's official birthday that day. We were camped a hundred yards from a small wooded area, and I walked out of my tent at just the right moment one morning to see a lone Spitfire screaming over the tree tops at about 100 feet, flying right over my head Must have been on the way to a display for Her Maj'. Most of my friends didn't quite understand how cool that was

Wow, that will be fantastic if it comes off, I would travel to the UK to see a squadron of these things in flight! It would be terrific for tourism, there are enough nostalgics and history buffs out there to make this worth doing. Here's hoping.

Superb story, I missed this on the news, this is something very much to look forward to!!

Fortunately for myself I have witnessed lots of flights of Spitfires over the years, the sight and sound still makes the hairs on my neck stand up! I grew up in a small village on the Cheshire North Wales border; we have a large factory there that was built in 1939 as a shadow factory for Vickers to produce Wellington Bombers, and later Lancaster’s and Mosquito's.
    Spitfires and other planes have been regular visitors throughout the summer months over the years, and always give a small display as they check in with the controllers on their way to other destinations. I have worked at the Broughton Factory on and off a few times since leaving school and also at the Airbus plant in Filton Bristol, there is a Spitfire based there and we regularly used to sit and watch it take off and land.
    We also had the last surviving WW2 air worthy Mosquito at Broughton for many many years but unfortunately it crashed at an air show about 10 years ago killing the pilot and totally destroying the aircraft, very sad !

Awesome, my fingers are crossed for a speedy return to these shores !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Excellent news! I hope it comes off and David Cundall's hard work and expense are repaid. It would be absolutely magnificent to see a squadron in flight.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Mr Cundall told the Daily Telegraph: “I’m only a small farmer, I’m not a multi-millionaire and it has been a struggle. It took me more than 15 years but I finally found them

Bless 'im. He's got free beer at my local anytime.
    Give him a medal!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Now what a sight that would be, hopefully they can pull this one off. I remember seeing a video on youtube from a Duxford arishow of 16 Spitfires flying together in formation, imagine that plus all these ones too, that is a sight id give anything to see

Quote by Motley View Post
    Now what a sight that would be, hopefully they can pull this one off. I remember seeing a video on youtube from a Duxford arishow of 16 Spitfires flying together in formation, imagine that plus all these ones too, that is a sight id give anything to see
    Here is said scramble ! A sight to behold!!
    Spitfire Scramble at Duxford - YouTube

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast