Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is This Caravan/Trailer RAF Related?

Article about: Found on an abandoned RAF base is this caravan/trailer. Unfortunately, the nameplate on the towing arm is unreadable although there is a number stamped on the chassis. It has probably had a

Default Is This Caravan/Trailer RAF Related?

Found on an abandoned RAF base is this caravan/trailer. Unfortunately, the nameplate on the towing arm is unreadable although there is a number stamped on the chassis. It has probably had a re-paint, but it looks like there may be RAF blue paint on parts of it. Any chance it could be RAF related?

Thanks in anticipation.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This Caravan/Trailer RAF Related?   Is This Caravan/Trailer RAF Related?  

Is This Caravan/Trailer RAF Related?   Is This Caravan/Trailer RAF Related?  

Far from an expert on such things but the platform looks much like a WWII American Antiaircraft gun platform>

The chassis looks like it's RAF, not sure the shed/caravan should be on it though, it looks like tha chassis from a towed fuel tanker!..

I suspect this is wartime. The data plated looks wartime to me. The "T" for trailer reflector plates are worth good money. Pity is it so damaged but still worth having as it could be restored.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers for the early response chaps. I photographed it 29 years ago and hadn't seen it again until yesterday. Hasn't moved an inch!

Martin

It all looks RAF to me, a Wireless trailer. Scroll to the bottom of this page, it would appear to be quite rare (Although there is a lot missing)

V-1939-1945 Pt 2

It looks like a caravan I stopped in at Rhyl whilst taking my annual summer holiday in October a few years back....Happy days.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

RAF radio truck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast