MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please

Article about: my dad gave me a ww2 japanese sword that he brought about 15 years ago. he has passed it on to me and wants me to find out what it is ect. the sword is in a dark green sheath with brass patt

glennyboy07
    ?

Default chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please

my dad gave me a ww2 japanese sword that he brought about 15 years ago. he has passed it on to me and wants me to find out what it is ect. the sword is in a dark green sheath with brass pattens on it. the handle looks like it has leather rapping around it. the blade has some japanese writing on it and also has the japanese flag on it. if any one could help tha twould be great thanks.
    if you would like any photos then i could send them to you.

many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please   chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please  

chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please   chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please  

chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please   chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please  

chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please  

?

Default Re: chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please

Well this isn't a battlefield archaeology piece- it wasn't dug up someplace so this isn't really the right forum for it; you're far better off asking in the Axis Militaria section (in the German section, for other Axis powers' material) where the Japanese experts live... maybe Zeller will move it for you?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Default Re: chinese/japenes sword. could anyone identify it for me please

The sword is a Chinese fake.
    SteveR