Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Deep under the Irish sea............

Article about: by Panzer 3 Hi, Nice catch and it will make a good toolbox, No worries with the MOD, they wont want it back. you should see what we have buried in the past, you would have a shock whats on d

?

Default Re: Deep under the Irish sea............

Full declaration in my old unit, after being given the obligatory warnings about courts martial etc, was:

"I have no live rounds, empty cases or pyrotechnics in my possession sir!"

Still didn't stop me finding one of my spare mag's in the bottom of my bergan one day loaded with 20 LIVE, (not blank), 7.62 NATO!! They got lost VERY quick. (My late grandfather "lost" them in a slurry pit at the mine that he was a manager at!)

regards etc

Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

?

Had the same trouble with a cadet who later pulled out a live white phosphorous shell from Thetford TA and brought it back to the camp, ive never seen an RSM turn different shades of red, green and finally choke in mid sentence, the whole area had to be evacuated and BD called in , the lad said he was taking it home to, show his mum ,boy wouldnt she be pleased

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Had the same trouble with a cadet who later pulled out a live white phosphorous shell from Thetford TA and brought it back to the camp, ive never seen an RSM turn different shades of red, green and finally choke in mid sentence, the whole area had to be evacuated and BD called in , the lad said he was taking it home to, show his mum ,boy wouldnt she be pleased
    I know Thetford TA and Stanford TA very intimately Dave, I did part of my recruits cadre there back in 1981, funnily enough, so did my brother a couple of years after me and then my eldest boy in 2006!!

Oh happy days.................NOT!!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

January in those bloody awful nissen huts was a nightmare, 15 blankets and they still had ice on them in the mornings, even inside my maggot,i couldnt get warm

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    January in those bloody awful nissen huts was a nightmare, 15 blankets and they still had ice on them in the mornings, even inside my maggot,i couldnt get warm
    Absolutely tipped it down on my cadre course Dave, every single day the rain seemed to be horizontal. "Heating", and I use the term advisably, was practically non existant in those bloody huts, my combats were still soaked though when we RTB'd at the end.
    And dont get me started on trying to dig in on the area - it's worse than Salisbury Plain.

?

Yeah i remember, tree roots and rocks,and when you did find a soft spot you more than likely found some elses latrine ditch, did that a few times, hence the term "shovelling s**t

Oh er, that reminds me of Stanford too. Was on a Bn FX digging in when the R.Angs colonel in chief strolls up just as it dig up a live 3" HE................... His advice was to bury it!

I know when of ex 5bn R.Angs Cpls was also a cadet instructor, their unofficial declartion was "I have no schurmulies in me goolies, or rockets in my pockets".................Sah!

tadworth
    ?

What a load of cobblers ! no mod plod are going to care less about this find, ammo boxes, and empty brass are available in any surplus shop. Get real.

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Trust me Ian, not all of them are as nice as the ones that you have come accross Overall its better to be on the same side as the law than take chances

Thanks

Danny
    Boy I thought us Yank's had tough gun laws! I feel bad for people who live in a society with laws like that. Now Switzerland on the other hand, every citizen can own weapons even assault weapons from what I've heard. Isreal has good gun laws too.
    ~Dean

?

The problem we have here is that whenever some nutter goes ape with a weapon and takes out a number of people, the government crack down on everybody, yet its relatively easy to get a shotgun licence here, i know that if i was confronted with someone with a hand gun and someone with a shotgun id pick the handgun anytime, it was one of our biggest worries in the police force especially the firearms team, if confronted by a shotgun the rules of engagement changed, what the bleeding hearts brigade cant seem to get into their heads is that weapons dont kill people do, our police have only recently been issued with weapons equipped vehicles , yet in the 1950s ordinary police officers could if wanted to, patrol areas considered high risk, with a pistol, i know that a great number of weapons collectors who could join clubs and shoot live ammo were greatly dissappointed when their weapons were seized or the gun clubs closed, thereby forcing them to deactivate valuable collections

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast