Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Detonator?

Article about: Hi Guys, What do you make of this relic? Looks like a detonator or mine top to me, but not sure. .. Any help and background info would be appreciated. Thanks!

?

Default Detonator?

Hi Guys,

What do you make of this relic?

Looks like a detonator or mine top to me, but not sure. ..

Any help and background info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 20130708_222038.jpg   20130708_222006.jpg  

Default Re: Detonator?

It's an electrical connector/plug....
    cheers, Glenn

?

Looks to be some type of electrical/audio connector for inline or direct connection (possible radio use). Is there any threading inside the knurled cap? What is the diameter? Where did you find or get the item? Regards.

?

Hi there,

There's indeed a threading inside the knurled cap. Diameter +/- 2 cm. Found in the forest former WW2 terrain / Navo military terrain. Found a couple at the same position..

?

Not likely to be used for connection utilizing a positive/negative current because prongs appear to be the same diameter and evenly spaced. Generally, one would be larger or offset to prevent incorrect polarity such as in a battery circuit. It's most likely an audio or meter connector, but for what type of device is difficult to say (ground or aircraft use). There appears to be numbers or letters on the cap (specifically at the 10 o'clock position in your photo). If so, that might help identify connector type & country of origin. Any other debris in the location you found them would also help. Although, not a particular interesting item on its own, it may be associated with objects in the vicinity where it was found. Sort of like evidence in a crime scene; and no one could argue that war is not a crime.