Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Dornier 17 - Goodwin Sands to be raised on 4th May 2013

Article about: As reported on the BBC news this morning (3rd May 2013), the crash wreck on Goodwin Sands of the German Do 17 is to be raised on the 4th. Dornier 17 conservation | Whats going on? | Cosford

?

Default Re: Dornier 17 - Goodwin Sands to be raised on 4th May 2013

Another small update:

Dornier bomber arrives at RAF Museum

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

WooHoo! They made it!
    Thanks for update.
    Well chuffed!

A short video of the Dornier's arrival and placing in the preservation tunnels. Anyone thinking of travelling to have a looksy may wish to bear in mind that the only way to view it is through a 3'x4' door at one end of each of the poly tunnels.

Last surviving Dornier 17 bomber arrives at RAF Museum Cosford - YouTube!

RAF Cosford regretfully announced that several hundred Hermit crabs, prawns three lobsters and a Dover sole were found to have died during the recovery and transportation to the museum, but that casualties were unavoidable in such circumstances....

Regrets, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post

RAF Cosford regretfully announced that several hundred Hermit crabs, prawns three lobsters and a Dover sole were found to have died during the recovery and transportation to the museum.
    Collateral damage i'm afraid. At the going down of the sun, we will remember them...

Talking of the sun, it's been rather warm around here today, I bet those poly tunnels are starting to hum like a fleet of Herring trawlers with all those dead crabs hidden inside...... Lovely.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Pfft...it was 42 degrees today when I left work and I wouldn't class that as hot...yet.

?

Incidentally, historians believe that the plane took off along with 8 other Dorniers from occupied St.Trond in Belgium to attack the RAF Fighter Base at Manston in Kent on August 26th - making today, the anniversary.

Regards,

Carl

I was reading the comments on the news, somebody said: "What a waste of money....."
    This comment had 124 negative reviews

How can someone say this??

Cheers
    Nuno

?

Because sadly an interest in history and the teaching of same has pretty much deliberately been bred out of the masses over generations.
    This serves the 'powers that be' and is in their interest because history is just garbage on the dungheap to them. When the broad masses have no sense of the past, they can be shaped and controlled. But as this is supposed to be a non-political forum, we should not dwelve on that.
    Suffice it to say, that its up to the likes of this forum and others like it to keep history alive in order to cast a light on the horrors of war and what really happened. Thus we might actually learn something and not repeat certain aspects.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast