Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....

Article about: Not to get into a pissing match but sure ZPU is 14.5mm could be wrong though.

Default found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....

well was just exploring forests as I usually do and come across a desert painted antiaircraft gun and also some metal boxes, anyone know if its ww2 or? and what was the ammo boxes was used for? one says 50 cal tracer and the other 62mm NATO,

any help with info on all three things would be appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....   found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....  

found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....   found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....  

found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....   found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....  

Default Re: found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....

boxes are post war ones a .50cal and the others 7.62 nato the gun looks a bit like a bofors but probably a russian post war equivalent

tom

?

Did you find this in Scotland, i think it could be a bofors gun mount and carriage, my first stop would be to find out who owns it, if abandoned , hitch it up to a 4x4 and tow it home, worth a fair bit of money

Wish I found stuff like that when I was walking in the woods.

?

The gun carrage looks very similar to the ones that were brought back as trophies after the first Gulf War,I think they were 23mm caliber.They normally had 4 guns on the carrage and both ammo boxes look as if they came from Lake City plant(LC)

found an antiaircraft gun and metal ammo boxes in a forest....could be this m39 gun

tom

Looks like a Soviet ZB 23/4, we bought lots of these back as trophys after the 1st Gulf war, had mounted 4 23mm cannons on it.
    Ben

Its a ZPU-4 Quad Anti aircraft gun minus the guns as alrteady stated a number where "recovered" from Iraq by RAF Regiment units.

not every day you stumble over one of these

I reckon you've stumbled across a training area, I wouldnt go removing anything untill you've confirmed the property owner. If its the MOD watch out! If not, see if you can do a deal.

The gun carriage is as mentioned, a quad 23mm, we had one at the armoury at RAF Cottesmore as a gate guard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast