Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

found churchills and m10 bulldog

Article about: I bags first ride in the drivers seat when she's rebuilt! I just love Churchill tanks, you can keep your Shermans and Tigers, give me a Churchill ANYTIME Regards etc Ian D

Default Re: found churchills and m10 bulldog

hi fella's
    thought i'd give you an update on the restorations, the carrier is on the road, although not finished i took it to beltring this year and had a great time and i'll be there again next year so if you see a carrier called welland come over and jump in and i'll take you for a spin
    the cromwell is well under way and is ready for shotblasting and spraying after which the reassembly will start the plan is to take it to tankfest, a&e 2012 and beltring so again if you see a cromwell come and say hello and i'll give you a guided tour

all the best

eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

Reg
    ?

Nice work Eddie, Ill look out for it at any events I got to, good luck with the Churchill. Reg

thanks reg
    i wouldn't go holding your breath for the churchill resto as i need to find all the running gear and tracks before i can start so it'll be a while yet but i will get there. i did manage to find a rather nice gearbox for it the other day so that's one less piece of the jigsaw to find.
    the next project will be the centaur that i was using as a donor vehicle to supply the cromwell with a turret and ring, although it's pretty rough it's basically all there so it shouldn't pose the same problems as the churchill with regard to parts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

The Great British machines!!!

thank you miroslav. it's british or nothing for me and yes i think they're great but i think the men that fought in them would have liked a little bit more armour and a bigger gun. it wasn't until the comet tank that we got something that could equal the panthers and tigers. (better late than never).

eddy

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9