Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification needed

Article about: hello first post on this site and am hoping for help in identiying a couple of items found on Utah beach a couple of weeks ago at high tide. One is what I believe to a fuel valve, the other

Default Found on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification needed

hello

first post on this site and am hoping for help in identiying a couple of items found on Utah beach a couple of weeks ago at high tide. One is what I believe to a fuel valve, the other is a electronic item, possibly a capacitor. They were attached to the same piece of aluminium sheet which I believe to be part of a US(?) aricraft. Can anyone shed any light on these and know which aircraft (if it is an aircraft) that they may have come from?

In case not clear from the photo, the stamp on the electronic item says:

CA 275X
    4.0 MFD50VDC
    PR MALLORY & CO INC
    B21002-6

Both items were heavily encrusted and have been partially cleaned. I have done an internet search on the code B21002-6 and it comes up as US military, but I can't find any other info.
    On the same search also found 10 x .45 cal US rounds and several German mauser rounds, all at exit 3,so quite productive trip to the beach.
    Found on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification neededFound on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification neededFound on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification needed
    any help greatly appreciated

Eldorado
    ?

Default Re: Found on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification needed

Mallory CA275x comes up as a noise control capacitor used in aileron control cable sub-system. However this service bulletin indicates a Fokker Model F27. FOKKER Model F27 Series Airplanes

?

The bigger piece looks similar the fuel selector cock on the left hand side of a P47 cockpit. The ones I've seen have a knurled grip and no hole on the longer ear but it's a start!

Thanks. You are right, It is very similar, but having studied some pictures of the P47 cockpit, there are some differences as you say, plus the mounting bracket is very different to that I have seen on the P47 photgraphs. Certainly on the right lines, but more digging required by me.

Thanks very much. I think that the code CA275x was in use for some time and looking at the state of the item, it was certainly not that recent. At least I know what it is, if not what it's from :-)

Another couple of pictures of one of the pieces of aluminium that was found with the other 2 items above on Utah.

It has no makers marks but does have a code which I think reads 2005905.

Does anyone recognise this piece or the does the code mean anything to anyone? I have tried an internet search but with no joy.

thanks and Happy New Year to all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification needed   Found on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification needed