Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Front of a german aircraft.

Article about: Great bit of detective work Holmes, really first-rate. When I saw the photograph I thought to myself 'why so many rivets?'. So what was attached behind the nose-cone to require so many?

Default Front of a german aircraft.

Hello all,this item was recovered from a rhubarb patch here in sussex england,there is a story apparently but i havnt heard it yet,i have put a washing brush in one shot for scale,it has been burnt but there appears to be some apple green paint and matt/satin black remaining,any ideas on what it came from,i hope too hear the story of its supposed crash at the weekend,but we all know about storys....Front of a german aircraft.Front of a german aircraft.Front of a german aircraft.Front of a german aircraft.Front of a german aircraft.Front of a german aircraft.

Default Re: Front of a german aircraft.

Is it ally or steel? The rivets looks odd for an aircraft, are they steel?

The item it self is ali,the rivetts havnt corroded and look ali too,there were wooden formers inside the old fella who had it in his garden said.

I have seen a lot of aircraft fuselage, never anything that looks like that.

?

Nose cone from an Me-110 ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

i thought 110 or 262 when i first saw it,not sure any 262,s came down in england.
    One rectangular hole has holes for fixings such as acess panel other does not which is strange.

smz
    ?

Is it radar / antenna array ?

I'm thinking PR. The ports look around the right size for a Camera maybe. One forward and one facing down.

one panel opening has no rivet/screw holes so may have been a glazed panel in a rubber gasket,if such things were ever fitted,ive trawled photos of ww2 aircraft and even looked at hotspur glider mk1,but still havnt come to a decission.

?

It looks exactly like the nose section of a He 219...Uhu Night Fighter.same shape and openings on it as well.

Greg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast