Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

German drum magazine for Mg

Article about: Hello Adrian, The Dutch did use the 7.92 x 57R (rimmed) round. This is not interchangeable with the German 7,92 x 57. The Duitch 7.92 x57R is easily confused wityh the .303 round! Cheers, Em

Hello Adrian,

The Dutch did use the 7.92 x 57R (rimmed) round. This is not interchangeable with the German 7,92 x 57. The Duitch 7.92 x57R is easily confused wityh the .303 round!

Cheers,
    Emile

left and right 7,92 x57R, middle .303

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.9x57R  NL, 303 en 7.92x57R.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	571897

?

Thank you I guess it means the mag is for the Czech Lewis gun "Kradspam" posted. It makes sense as Czech republic/Sudetenland was occupied or returned the the Reich, depending on how one look at it As i wrote, we also found a lot of Polish Mauser rounds. Seems like the Germans in that area were equipped with confiscated weapons and ammunition.

If have a map showing the general area we were in. This map unfortunately does not have any date stamps. If you have a more detailed map it might be possible to narrow down who were there. We were in the general area of the Soviet 69th and 144th and the German L.Br. and 12th.P. but on the right side of the river Wop. I have no idea who the L.Br. is.

Name:	fuup77.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	571901

Regards, Lars

Hi Lars..you are doing some great work!! Keep it up Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you very much Larry! It's very interesting to poke in the ground and finding out what kind of weapons and ammunition was used there. Seem like the Germans there have been using a lot of Polish and Czech items. I have never found Polish Mauser ammo on the battlefields before, not to mention a Lewis drum mag full of 7.92x57! I should have a video from the trip ready soon.

Cheers

?

Hello guys,

Here is one of the rounds from the mag I am sure someone here on forum can tell something about this round Please note the bottom of the projectile is also stamped "PK". Talk about being thorough! The other round is Polish. I will post these in a separate thread as i am very interested in info on these rounds.

Name:	PICT0561.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	571998

Name:	PICT0558.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	571997

Polish round with Polish eagle