Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German drum magazine for Mg

Article about: Hello Adrian, The Dutch did use the 7.92 x 57R (rimmed) round. This is not interchangeable with the German 7,92 x 57. The Duitch 7.92 x57R is easily confused wityh the .303 round! Cheers, Em

?

Default German drum magazine for Mg

Hello guys,

Here are some pics of a drum magazine i found on our latest trip. I first thought it was the Soviet DT28 mag but then i found it was full of German rounds. I have not seen these before. Can you tell what type of Mg it is for please

Regards, Lars

Hi mate, I will copy my post from the other thread, I think I may have an answer.

Nice finds mate, I always enjoy your updates

The drum mag actually looks like a British Lewis gun magazine, but the rounds do look like 7.92 German rather than .303. I counted the 'bumps' around the edge of the mag and they match the Lewis mag at 25. Strange

Possible explanation - Lewis gun of Czech origin chambered for 7.92x57mm Mauser ammunition.

?

Thanks a lot mate! It sure looks like it. The rounds are indeed 7.92 Mauser rounds. Well done mate and thanks a lot for the help.

I also found a 1933 Mosin rifle and the bolt for it. Among other things

Cheers

Glad to be able to help mate, I love a mystery like this to work out

?

Well then i have another item here LOL I know i am pushing it mate

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...panzer-344384/

Cheers

In WW1 the German Army rebarreled quite a lot of captured British Lewis guns. Possibly reissued, post WW1, to a Baltic state?

Cheers,
    Emile

?

This i don't know. I found this magazine in Smolensk/Russia. There have been both German and Soviet forces on the positions where i found it.

Regards, Lars
    Last edited by Datrus; 09-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.

I agree with Kradspam.

?

Me too. We also found a lot of Polish stamped(with Polish eagle) 7.92 ammunition on some other positions in the general area.

Cheers

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    In WW1 the German Army rebarreled quite a lot of captured British Lewis guns. Possibly reissued, post WW1, to a Baltic state?

Cheers,
    Emile
    Hi Emile,

That may well explain this still shot grabbed from a wartime film of the Volkssturm. It's been seen on T.V. alot over the years, and I always wondered how and why the guy was carrying one of these.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German drum magazine for Mg  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast