Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Mortar position relics! What is it?

Article about: Hey guys, today I found a german GrW34 position. Two relics are unknown to me, so I would love some help finding out what I've found. Can someone please help me? These 2 are unknown to me. T

Default German Mortar position relics! What is it?

Hey guys, today I found a german GrW34 position. Two relics are unknown to me, so I would love some help finding out what I've found.
    Can someone please help me?

These 2 are unknown to me.
    German Mortar position relics! What is it?German Mortar position relics! What is it?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

First pic is Gr.Werfer 34 charge casing.
    Second pic is not military related nor is the last pic as it looks like a old curtain rod holder.
    Welcome to the forum.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The third item looks to be a field made MG34 mount

Thanks for the reply guys!
    Kradman do you maybe have a picture about that? I tried to search for it, but couldn't find one
    Thx

Rod holder IMO.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The cup part looks like it will fit the MG34 bipod fitting but its hard to see from this photo , i have found in the past these field made tree mounts for the MG34 i will try and found some photos , Does it look like the front cup part will fit the MG34 bipod fitting ? its just hard to see from this photo

As said the first item is a charge casing...or an increment tin. The actually items contained in the tin were circular with a hole in the middle with a cut from the outer edge to the inner circle. These contained an extra boost and would be fitted just above the tail fin of the mortar bomb to increase the distance the bomb could be fired. Hope that makes sense.
    D.