MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts

Article about: hi collectors, In below pics are 3 parts to a PANZERFAUST 60 antitank weapon, hand held bazooka used by the germans during ww2. called the "ONE SHOT WONDER" by us troops. in the ph

grounddug27
    ?

Default GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts

hi collectors,

In below pics are 3 parts to a PANZERFAUST 60 antitank weapon, hand held bazooka used by the germans during ww2.
    called the "ONE SHOT WONDER" by us troops.

in the photos below are 3 parts that have been ground recovered ages ago.
    first is the firing and aiming section this is the long v ahaped metal parts , the long section has the aiming area, which would have had some sort of writting with the ranges. and then the push down lever to fire the weapon, still looks like this one is in safe mode, as it has a pin in the trigger lever section,
    has held together pretty well for being in the ground.

next is the fin assembly for the warhead section, has a metal tube that held fins that would flair out when fired to stabilize the warhead, these have broken off in time but the stumps are still there, the fins would be nailed to the wooded round piece connected to the metal tube. in the 3 part all that is left is the wood fin part no nails or fins or metal.
    3 pretty nice parts, ive been trying to buy a used tube for the past 5 years to display with this but als no luck...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts   GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts  

GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts   GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts  

GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts   GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts  

?

Default Re: GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts

Hi all,
    This is the first time I've noticed the use of nails to hold the stabilizing fins to the wooden tail. It seems to be only on the tails with the triangular fins. It isn't that I haven't seen the triangular fins before, I have lots of pictures of them, it's just I never noticed the presence of the nails.
    The question is when did this start? Was it just one manufacturer ? It's probably late war to save materials so they used this for the 60Ms before they started making 100Ms. Attached is an image from a museum collection of a warhead with triangular fins and a label that says 60M although I wonder how accurate the label is? Also one of a tail with triangular fins and hollow pins and washers.
    Best Regards,
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts   GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts  

?

Here are a couple of pix I've had for a while that show the fins WITH nails. The third image goes with the second to show it was part of a 100M Pfaust.
    Bill

GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts  

Hi Bill nice relic , did you dig them yourself , cheers Raymond

?

No actual relic. Just "dug up" the images on the internet. For reference only !
    Bill

?

Just to make things interesting , here's a picture of a tail with rectangular fins and the 4 nails.
    Just noticed the ends of the wooden tail. Look completely different from the usual.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts  
    Last edited by bogdan; 06-26-2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added info

Quote by grounddug27 View Post
    hi collectors,

, ive been trying to buy a used tube for the past 5 years to display with this but als no luck...
    Here is one for sale

ANDENKEN AUS ALTE FESTUNG - NORD ITALIEN 1944 - pzf 60 bei eBay.de: 1918-1945 (endet 21.07.08 11:46:03 MESZ)

?

Here is the shaft that sits on the grenade head, this one is in org condition.
    Not a ground dug.I got several of these.But the fins has been taken off. so they have to be put back on.One the shafts that i got each fin has four nails that holds them in place.The fins are square (100 by 74 mm)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GROUND DUG panzerfaust 60 parts  

Great relic's!
    I have a firing tube for a 60 coupled with a very sad but intact projectile and good tailfin assembly.It had the square tail fin's riveted on the wooden shaft but i have removed them due to rust.I had quite a few but sold them off on ebay a couple of year's ago.They were found in a tranchline in Demjansk together with many tube's.Projectile's must have been destroyed
    Tom

?

Hei Tom
    these where found on a shelf in a workshop some years ago
    I am lookinig for 2 war heads for the Pzf 60
    also need some parts for the trigger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast