Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gumtree aircraft parts obtained

Article about: just got a warning from someone I know saying someones selling a "ww2 escape hatch" off a large aircraft for very cheap (£20) so I check it out quickly and it looked a rather large

Angry Gumtree aircraft parts obtained

just got a warning from someone I know saying someones selling a "ww2 escape hatch" off a large aircraft for very cheap (£20) so I check it out quickly and it looked a rather large object so I drove up all the way to the sellers house and he says its from a shackleton, ditching exit in very good condition with the curtain and glass still intact, has a data plate dated 1967, can anyone confirm this is actually from a shackleton? id imagine a piece like this is worth more than £20? and rare? I got a 1939 dated gas mask filter from him too which he only wanted couple of quid but I said £5, the window exit on pics may look small but its a huge heavy piece
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gumtree aircraft parts obtained   Gumtree aircraft parts obtained  

Gumtree aircraft parts obtained   Gumtree aircraft parts obtained  

Angry

also got this from the same guy, only wanted a few pounds for it so I bought that too, he says its aircraft but doesnt know what its from, is it shackleton too? looks to be 1963 dated but I dunno if they are year stamps on them(?) has dried up white powder stuff on the top, what exactly is this piece?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gumtree aircraft parts obtained   Gumtree aircraft parts obtained  

696 is the manufacturers code for the Shackleton.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.