Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HE 162 for sale!

Article about: O.K. so it's an insane idea, but I think it would still be cool. You guys are right. By the time they fabricated all the parts, you wouldn't have but 10% of the original plane left. I didn't

kazalola
    ?

Default HE 162 for sale!

HE 162 in very good condition for sale!

This is the only one of two in private hands and it is in such good condition it could be made to fly again.
    The current owners restoration company is capable of rebuilding to fly if the buyer chooses.
    If not, it would make, with a repaint, an instant museum piece.

Platinum Fighters Sales - Heinkel He 162
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HE 162 for sale!  
    Last edited by kazalola; 03-03-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Default Re: HE 162 for sale!

Guess i know where my tax return is getting spent! lol

if i won the lottery i would have this as a show piece

no danger i would ever go in it

Ridge
    ?

As good a place as any to make my first post.

That is GORGEOUS!

How insane is this! I wonder how the heck they even came up with a starting price? Talk about a awesome piece to put out in your front yard. It would be really cool if some very wealthy collector bought this thing and made it fly again. I just read that only 320 of these were completed by March 1945. Pretty darn rare. Thanks for showing kazalola, it's great.

Jay

?

Flyable? You've got to be nuts to consider that now; these things were dodgy when first made- plus surely all the wooden components would have to be replaced as I'm sure I read once about an RAF test pilot being killed after the war evaluating one of these when the glue of one part failed- and that'd be a crime. Definitely a display piece, but gods not outside LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

An interesting knick knack for the coffee table but flyable!-the first German test pilot was killed in front of a high command group when the canopy came off-given the rarity of the aircraft it would be a crime to 'rebuild' it to a flyable condition & corkscrew it straight into the ground.

what about half way?
    have it rebuilt and in taxiable condition it would be cool to see the engine run up on the ground.
    have to agree it's to rare to fly got to be kept for the future.
    just think of all the types that were scraped after the war and there is no complete airframe left now. vickers warwick, stirling etc
    Andy

I have to agree there-scrapping continued into the fifties and beyond-see the B ritish TSR1 & Canadian Avro Arrow-are there any flying Me262s left?

Ridge
    ?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I have to agree there-scrapping continued into the fifties and beyond-see the B ritish TSR1 & Canadian Avro Arrow-are there any flying Me262s left?
    There are 1 or 2 in Washington state, I believe...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast