Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield

Article about: found this in a remote area of an old ww2 airfield, base was used post war so very likely a post war object, anyone an idea what it actually is? put my hands down the sides of it and still c

Angry Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield

found this in a remote area of an old ww2 airfield, base was used post war so very likely a post war object, anyone an idea what it actually is? put my hands down the sides of it and still couldnt feel the bottom, it must be gigantic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield   Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield  

Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield   Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield  

Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield   Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield  

dugup these items next to that blue thing:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield   Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield  

Heavy blue metal object in old Airfield  

A bellhousing of some sort?

these were near it too, would love an ID for that riveted tube thing,

The "riveted tube thing" is the tank from an old fire extinguisher.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The box with the lock on top is a ammo box