Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

heres an interesting one for you (german tank)

Article about: i was looking around on the internet the other day and found this picture of a german tank under a bridge in or near poland, what do you think it is and hypothecticly would it be worth recov

Default heres an interesting one for you (german tank)

i was looking around on the internet the other day and found this picture of a german tank under a bridge in or near poland, what do you think it is and hypothecticly would it be worth recovering?!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture heres an interesting one for you (german tank)  

?

Default Re: heres an interesting one for you (german tank)

It's a Jagdpanzer IV under the road bridge in Glady, near Górowo Iławeckie,district of Bartoszyce (Poland)
    more: Jagdpanzer IV pod Górowem I?aweckim ! - Ogólnopolski miesi?cznik ODKRYWCA

sturmhunter
    ?

thx for the post,i haven't seen it before.Do you know why it's under there?i guess it was destroyed and left in a shell hole.sorry i don't read polish,thx again

I guess my eyes are going bad, is the tank laying on its side? Can't seem to make it out. John

looks like its the wrong way up to me, sorry i have no idea of how it met its fate it just saw a pic of it and thought you guys might be interested

Hi,
    Great pics of the tank, but i think the question is, Was the crew still in it when the bridge came down?.
    dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Great pics of the tank, but i think the question is, Was the crew still in it when the bridge came down?.
    dave.

It isn´t questin if is the crew still there, but I thing why the Polish workers build the bringe on the tank?

Quote by radek View Post
    It isn´t questin if is the crew still there, but I thing why the Polish workers build the bringe on the tank?
    Good point radek!

A similar situation ocured in France, in a previous post on here a tank was dug up from under a French road. They had originally pushed it in to fill the hole and reopen the road.

Maybe something similar happened here, pushed in a tank or parts of a tank to get rid and fill the hole to reopen road and bridge?

sesh609
    ?

looks like a gun from a hetzer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast