Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Hurricane wreck with pilot recovery. Northern Russia

Article about: any pics of the grave of the soviet pilot that was salvaged ??

?

Default Re: Hurricane wreck with pilot recovery. Northern Russia

it is facinating to me how well things can be preserved in the right conditions, i take it he was hanged looking at it ??

?

The Tollund Man was either hanged or just plain strangeld yes.

?

Thats fascinating, amazing preservation....

thanks for posting these pic,s they are unbelievable , its fantastic that he will have a restin place beside other fallen soliders , it is great work you do , keep it up and thank you

Thanks for the post. So raw, so sad. Here's to you, brave lost soldier... Band Of Horses - The Funeral (2006) - YouTube

I think it would be neat to have an ongoing sticky thread of the names/ranks/summary of fallen soldiers discovered and repatriated for proper burials by relic-finders on this forum. Maybe there is one already? I'm new here and haven't had time to peruse the whole site...

Mummies and well preserved bodies have always fascinated me, maybe because they are people who lived thousands of years before I did, and they are almost like someone took a timemachine travel to this day. I remember reading about some mummies excavated from a chinese desert, and the mummies were european. Altough I am a little bit against archaeologists digging up ancient graves, I still approve it, because their hard work give us a glance of who were before us.

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Mummies and well preserved bodies have always fascinated me, maybe because they are people who lived thousands of years before I did, and they are almost like someone took a timemachine travel to this day. I remember reading about some mummies excavated from a chinese desert, and the mummies were european. Altough I am a little bit against archaeologists digging up ancient graves, I still approve it, because their hard work give us a glance of who were before us.
    Without the work of Archaeologists, much of history would be lost. On a side note, if you're a fanatic of anthropological history, check out "Cave Of Forgotten Dreams." A jawdropping documentary about cave paintings made ~40,000 years ago, found in France. The cliff face collapsed thousands of years ago sealing off the entrance to the cave, keeping the paintings in pristine condition. Search it on youtube.

Quote by DiggityDiggity View Post
    Without the work of Archaeologists, much of history would be lost. On a side note, if you're a fanatic of anthropological history, check out "Cave Of Forgotten Dreams." A jawdropping documentary about cave paintings made ~40,000 years ago, found in France. The cliff face collapsed thousands of years ago sealing off the entrance to the cave, keeping the paintings in pristine condition. Search it on youtube.
    Thanks for mentioning that, I will watch it.

amazing

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast