Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

little model plane made from Lancaster wreck

Article about: Very nice piece of "trench art"! Would look great on anyone's collection shelf!

Default little model plane made from Lancaster wreck

My friends dad was given this while serving in the RAF as a navigator during the war. This little plane was made by one of the ground crew at his base. Its made from a single piece of aluminium from a crashed Lancaster. It is aprox 6 inches high and 213mm from wing tip to wing tip. The only part that I know has been replaced is the perspex dome in the middle of the plane. The little plane looks similar to a B-26 Marauder.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture little model plane made from Lancaster wreck   little model plane made from Lancaster wreck  

little model plane made from Lancaster wreck   little model plane made from Lancaster wreck  

little model plane made from Lancaster wreck   little model plane made from Lancaster wreck  

Default Re: little model plane made from Lancaster wreck

Looks like a little trench art Wellington. Very nice

Jason

How cool! It looks like a Wellington bomber to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Ah, a Wellington, thx for helping with its ID. I wonder why it was never made into a Lancaster, as that is what its made from.

Hi,
    lovely aircraft model and very well made, i have a small Hurricane made by an old pilot of wood with a perspex cockpit.
    very clever people.
    Dave.

My Dad's got a Lancaster the same as this. Machined from ally from the Lanks at Woodford, Manc. so he was told. Cool to see another one, except that one is a wellington.

Quote by ashishin View Post
    My Dad's got a Lancaster the same as this. Machined from ally from the Lanks at Woodford, Manc. so he was told. Cool to see another one, except that one is a wellington.
    Can you post some photos of it Ashishin, and any info you have on it, thx

?

Great piece of soldiers art.

A real beauty,waooooo!

Indeed, a beautiful little airplane. I think the fellows who made these things were
    very talented - They must have loved aviation and aircraft in general.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast