Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A little something in the Sahara!

Article about: I think it's worth adding the photos of Flight Sergeant Dennis Copping to the thread in case they disappear from the links provided.

?

Default A little something in the Sahara!

Another forum is arguing this is a model diorama!
    WWW.KONRADUS.COM - LOTNICTWO - Znalezisko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little something in the Sahara!   A little something in the Sahara!  

A little something in the Sahara!   A little something in the Sahara!  

A little something in the Sahara!  
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-19-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Photos uploaded to opening post.

?

Default Re: A little something in the Sahara!

Noway is that a model diorama the shadows,rock formation and the interior wear and tear would be almost impossible to replicate on a small scale, not to mention the exterior fuselage damage, the creasing of the metal, the tears and holes

Seams like a P-40 warhawk, tomahawk, kittyhawk.
    If this is a model, I would realy like to know the maker, because it looks damn real to me...

?

Same here, I can't believe it's a model.

?

I reckon it's a model, but photoshopped into a background....

It's a large scale model, or scratch built.....the effects you can achieve these days with the right bits and peices is incredible

?

The original poster says the pictures are from a friend of his who works on oil rigs in the area (If my broken Polish is to be trusted).

Personally I think it's real.

Nitram

When the "lady be good" B-24 was found in the Sahara in 1959 ( I think ) it looked like this. It was then only 15 years in the desert.
    After nearly 70 years ......NO WAY! Mother nature is not this kind - or all our relics would look like this!
    Somethings fishy - either a model, an original image doctored up or a photoshopping exercise....... but not a fresh find. Even the icy north of Russia when it reveals the odd FW-190 are they this well preserved.

Dan

In which country was it discovered?
    If you want to see here's a Fw190 recoverd near Lenningrad, still looks great to me, after so many years. FW190 found in forest clearing - Outside of Leningrad - YouTube

Remember this photo from the 1980's ?

Edit* Wrong link ! Reposted further down

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 04-19-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

If that's a model it's a masterpiece. Hat's off to whoever created it.

A desert atmosphere will preserve aircraft as you guys over the pond will know. There are several 'boneyards' in the U.S.

I personally think it's real. As Dave says, the stress to the metal and all the minor details are just too good to have been modelled and weathered on such a small scale.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast