Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Loss of RAF Harrier ZD349 14th January 1994.

Article about: Recalling the fatal crash back in 1994 of RAF Harrier ZD349 me and my wife Paula decided that we would have a look over the site where it happened as part of our preparations for a magazine

?

Hello Meaghan,
    First off, So sorry for the loss of your Brother. The memory of those lost are always on our agenda. It is what collectors and fellow researcher strive to do. Member Falschirmjager has done a fantastic job recovering and maintaining the memory of your brothers service and tragic end. For those of us that have lost family or friends who gave their lives in service to our nation is why we keep their memory alive.
    Always Remember, Never Forget!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Default Photos of Capt. Brenden Hearney and Gen. Richard Hearney

The Loss of RAF Harrier ZD349 14th January 1994.The Loss of RAF Harrier ZD349 14th January 1994.

Here are a few pictures of my brother ~ the first photo is of Brenden coming home from Desert Storm and shaking my dad's hand... this was at Cherry Point, North Carolina. My dad was the wing commander and also was in Desert Storm.... he was one of the first Harrier Pilots, call sign "Horse", and my brother was nicknamed "Pony". I realize this forum is not for memorial tributes but I thought you might like some additional information after reading the previous posts. Happy to share. My oldest brother Brian, a doctor now, was also a Marine and my son Gabe is a new Marine too. All are pilots thanks to my dad

Hi Meaghan..Welcome to the forum..and all of our deepest condolences to you and your family. This forum does recognize those who have fallen and have served their country..past and present..as your timing came at the right time..on this Memorial day There are some great Gentlemen and Ladies among this forum family here ..and you are more than welcome to stay and become one of our own. We are grateful for those who have served and continue to serve. The Veterans of Foreign Wars are a great reason why we are here..and we like to give back to those wanting to learn about the past..because what was passed onto ourselves and collectors and Historians.

Enjoy your stay here..you are among family and friends Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello again Meaghan,
    If your son is ever stationed or attends the yearly WTI at MCAS Yuma. Please tell him to contact Phil Hettel at Air Traffic Control maintenance. It would be my honor to treat him to a good meal and some fine spirits on me!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Guys its Tim Heath-Falschirmjager here been away for a while but having seen the additions to this thread by Meaghan Brendens sister was just really pleased as its the remembrance side of these things which is so important. Every single one of you who have contributed added likes etc are all a part of this and I cant thank you all enough and just wanted to say thanks to you all and there are many more stories like this one and hopefully as a group we can add more commemorative posts. I have since chatted with Meaghan and sent her messages and we are in regular contact and will continue to do so thanks to the war relics forum!! what a wonderful thing the internet is in our day and age as it makes the research process more or less instant but without sites like this it just would not happen-thanks guys as im sure Brenden would be really happy for what were doing here. Best Regards to all the guys on the forum and thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2