Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Luftwaffe FW190 discovered in forest near St Petersburg

Article about: Not sure if this is the appropriate place, please remove if not - or if already posted. Thought it may be of interest.. Previously unexplored forest

Default Re: Luftwaffe FW190 discovered in forest near St Petersburg

I finally got to see the video this past weekend (I can't watch it at work) and I was blown away. It was like going back in time seeing that 190 sitting in the forest almost like it crash landed yesterday. Other than wear due to weather and the elements, it looked like it was in really good shape. Seeing that swastika on the vertical stabilizer made me feel a little strange, almost like the Nazi's are still out there fighting us. It was either the Fw190 or the Me109 that shot down and killed my great uncle.

sturmhunter
    ?

thanks for posting this i've not seen it before,amazing find
    cheers

Maran
    ?

Impressive.

JIMSJEEP
    ?

Awesome footage, (first saw it on YouTube a few months ago couldn't believe something like that could have remained so relatively intact for 46 years) it was shot in the late 80's Paul Allen of Microsoft now owns it, I believe its being restored to flying status.

............... I just drooled all over my keyboard....

THAT IS AMAZING! I wonder how many planes are still around like this.. never touched.. just waiting to be found. I wish they could talk... I want one

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    wow, your a mine of info ade, sad story though, BTW im defragged now but what is cookies? im still unable to post pics, may i call you later or could you pm me the steps please?
    Well I am surprised at you Phil.

Cookies are what the Americans call our biscuits. I am particularly fond of choc chip.

Maybe you can't post pictures due to biscuit crumbs in you keyboard ? Stop eating at the computer desk.....see if that helps.

Steve T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12