Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe FW190 discovered in forest near St Petersburg

Article about: Not sure if this is the appropriate place, please remove if not - or if already posted. Thought it may be of interest.. Previously unexplored forest

Default Luftwaffe FW190 discovered in forest near St Petersburg

Not sure if this is the appropriate place, please remove if not - or if already posted.

Thought it may be of interest..

Previously unexplored forest

Default Re: Luftwaffe FW190 discovered in forest near St Petersburg

I did see it before just unbeliveble that i just lay there and stil in a pritty good condition i like it

Hi justlookin

Seen this vid a few times before as well. I believe they are restoring it in the United Kingdom at the moment...

Greetz

Nick VR

cecilsaxon
    ?

There are more vids here-

Videos and Photos of Army Special Ops, Navy SEALs, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard in Action - Shock and Awe - Military.com

This is a website from the US. I have narrowed them down by searching for WWII.

Hi Phil, re the pilot:

The pilot Feldwebel Paul Rätz survived the crash landed behind enemy lines. He removed his leather flying helmet and retrieved the first air kit from the rear fuselage and is thought to have headed West back to the front line only a dozen or so miles from the crash site. He was undoubtedly captured by the Russians and interned although the Luftwaffe loss report still class him as 'Vermißt' (missing) in action.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Phil, call me anytime.

Cheers, Ade.

Nelson_R32
    ?

He was held as a Prisoner Of War until the mid 50's. He died litterally about 2 months before this plane was found. This video dates back to 1989 when in was found by relic hunters. It was recovered in 1990 and is in the UK having the finishing touches put to it.

I believe it is owned by an Air Museum in Los Angeles. The most likely reason for this being unmolested is because of it's remote location and I would imagine the penalty for having any Nazi relics in Soviet Russia would've been quite severe! As well as the forest giving it some (albeit minor) cover from the elements.

?

I heard that some of the peoples get lost their lifes being deal with that plane due of problems with mafia in the beginning of 90's in Russia
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

It looked to be in remarkably good shape. Good landing,any landing you can walk away from is a good one!
    I hope they get it up and flying. There are not enough air worthy WW2 planes as it is. A lot of static ones. The more they can get up there,the better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast