Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

M1 garand found in germany. How to get it to the states?

Article about: Basically what the title says. Lets say one found a fully functional M1 garand in a barn in germany. It's never been registered in germany since it's been in that barn since WWII. How would

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I went through all that malarkey in order to import an SA dress dagger into Victoria and either the customs or quarantine inspector knocked it off! 4 bladed weapons on the import form, 4 bladed weapons on the customs form, 4 bladed weapons on the commissioner of Police approval and only 3 bladed weapons turned up in the box...and no-one saw anything!
    Mate that sux and I can well believe it unfortunately. This type of horror story has always deterred me from pursuing very much desired items such as TR daggers and Fairbairn-Sykes knives
    Best regards,
    Chris

"Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also."
    Carl Jung

Another problem with TR items is every man and his dog knows they are valuable. Too much temptation for the dishonest among us.
    Best regards,
    Chris

"Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also."
    Carl Jung

Anything is possible....know any U.S military personnel ?

Quote by chilsam View Post
    Anything is possible....know any U.S military personnel ?

I suggest that you guys dont go in the gray zone publicly here, continue over PMs or something. We are not alone here, someone can get in big trouble

Thing is are Garands not available in the US anyway, there must be quite a few available as for the one in Germany best left alone its been there for 70 years a few more will not harm it.
    "and when he gets to heaven,
    to saint peter he will tell:
    "Just another marine reporting, sir
    I've served my time in hell."

That's true the NWO is in full swing...

?

Mail all parts minus receiver back home. Cut receiver and send pieces home. Have receiver rewelded ( not the best choice but..has been done with garands before) reassemble ? Or leave receiver in pieces, purchase a receiver in states , reassemble and leave cut receiver with it for posterity

Send parts home minus receiver put it plastic block or glass filled with lead or brass and say its a paper weight....

Of course, no-one here is advocating breaking the law are they?

of course not like I said retain it as a paper weight and purchase another receiver...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast