Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Matilda AMCR/Carrot/Onion/Goat photos?

Article about: I'm trying to identify some remains that were uncovered by contractors on a training area a few years ago. I first thought it was part of a Carrot, but I'm beginning to think it's something

?

Default Matilda AMCR, etc recovery photos added

I'm trying to identify some remains that were uncovered by contractors on a training area a few years ago. I first thought it was part of a Carrot, but I'm beginning to think it's something more mundane. I have some pictures on another computer, which I will upload when I can find them. I'm a bit confused with Ian Hogg because he gives the same picture different references in different books.

Does anyone know where I can find clear-ish pictures of Matilda AMCR, Carrot, etc? Alternatively, are there any preserved examples of such available to see in the UK?

EDIT: Found some pictures, they're not too good but I hope they are OK. I have some showing the more detailed bits somewhere, I can upload if anyone wants to see them.

1: One of the rollers, the others were never found as far as I know.

2: The bracket on one end, I imagine this would have fitted to the side of a tank.

3: The length of one of the side arms, from the front. It's buckled, and has a strange pipe section half way along that I can't find on any photographs of the mine rollers I've seen so far.

4: A close up of the pipe section. The top section in the photo is the left side. I don't think it's part of the prop/stand because it just isn't thick enough to take that sort of weight. Also there's an interesting curly bracket underneath.

I don't know where the rest of it is, but I would like to find out!
    Last edited by PmGrW; 07-31-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: trying to put the pictures up........