Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Me 109 parts

Article about: Hello people I picked up these pieces today for next to nothing the guy said its from a me109 that was shot down in swange dorset during the war just wondered if anybody would be able to con

Default Me 109 parts

Hello people I picked up these pieces today for next to nothing the guy said its from a me109 that was shot down in swange dorset during the war just wondered if anybody would be able to confirm if this is a 109 prop? The guy who had these parts has a whole ship container full of aircraft parts he got all of it from his friend whos father collected aircraft parts from crash sites during the war,ive never seen anything like it he had spitfire parts lancaster parts he111 parts and god knows what else!! Any how can anyone help me please??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Me 109 parts   Me 109 parts  

Me 109 parts   Me 109 parts  

Me 109 parts   Me 109 parts  

Me 109 parts  

Prop blade looks to be good. It's made by VDM which is correct for the 109, but many other German aircraft used them too, so you've got to find the serial number at the bottom of the blade.

To be correct for a 109 it needs to begin with a 9 and a dash followed by a 5 digit number and a letter, so for example: 9-12345A. This will also help determine the model type, i.e. E, F or G.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default numbers underneath

Here is whats on the bottom of the prop
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Me 109 parts  

Thanks for the info ned

As Ned has put it is a German made prop ,the round looks to be a Flak 2cm round from a 2 cm Flak gun the aircraft 2cm rounds normally have a shorter case

Everything looks German , what a great score. put a quick coat of CRC on them and chuck them up in the Man cave

Good morning people i know its a long shot does anyone think it is possible to trace anything from the serial number on the prop?

I'm not sure if you can trace the aircraft WkNr from the blades as they were changed over frequently during the life of the aircraft due to combat or wear and tear. I think your best bet would be to start looking into the area where its reported to have been shot down and look up war time crash records of what Me109s went down in that area from there and start a process of elimination.
    The parts look a like they have spent some time in the ground are you sure the guys father dug them during the war. I would say post war digs 60s/70s .
    Dose he still have this container full of stuff ???

Thanks for the info I will have a go,this may have been dug sometime after or during the war im not 100% sure the guy still has a container full of bits when he got the aircraft parts he got he and a friend had to scrap 9 skip loads of it as he had nowhere to store it all the guy who owned it was a horder apparently the whole house and gardens was coverd in aircraft parts I will post a couple more pictures of some other pieces he had in the container I could see?

?

Would love to see what else this guy has horded over the years.

In regards to identifying which aircraft the prop is from, you need to look in something like this and even then, it could be for various different types that use the same engine:

Verstell - Luftschraube VDM | eBay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast