Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

metallic thing dugup at ww2 dump, ID needed..

Article about: thx all for your guesses by mpw I agree the metal item looks like a fire fender. As a general rule most bottles with either a metal crown cap or external screw cap are post WW1. I have dug p

Default Re: metallic thing dugup at ww2 dump, ID needed..

thx all for your guesses

Quote by mpw View Post
    I agree the metal item looks like a fire fender. As a general rule most bottles with either a metal crown cap or external screw cap are post WW1. I have dug plenty with contents myself and the contents can be pretty smelly and sometimes quite corrosive so be careful. Often old sauce bottles were reused and contain all sorts of things from creosote to engine oil before being finally discarded. Looks like you will turn up some interesting items there. Good luck!

Mark.
    I dug a really weird shaped glass bottle today, and no joke it says "ADOLF H" on the glass! O_O I looked it up and it was a tonic bottle that contained blood apparently, quite distubringly ironic O_O made in 1910 from switzerland. I cleaned it up more and it says "Dr Adolf Hommels Haematogen"

Default Re: metallic thing dugup at ww2 dump, ID needed..

digging near bunkers again near the coastline and dugup this:

relic found at ww2 coastal defences bunker UK - YouTube

its EXTREMLY heavy and the screw bit I think is made of brass? would LOVE to know what it is....

ps dugup in a completely different area than the Victorian dump previously etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12