Mk 2 pineapples

Article about: Since we have some professionals in the forum, I would like to ask a question. I was watching this website Hayes Otoupalik and my attention was caught by this fuze. I have no particular know

?

Default Mk 2 pineapples

Since we have some professionals in the forum, I would like to ask a question. I was watching this website

Hayes Otoupalik

and my attention was caught by this fuze.

I have no particular knowledge or interest in such things, but I had always thought the the detonator was inside the small tube portraited in the picture. They say it's an inert piece though. Anyone has a exploded drawing of such fuze or can clear my doubts? Maybe is there only the striking pin inside? Tks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DSCF1284.jpg  

Default Re: Mk 2 pineapples

Thats a fired Inert fuze/det assembly which is just re assembled ,have a look at the drawing ive attatched,,what you have are the parts labled A ,as you can see with the complete unfired det assembly (part B) it is much longer..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fig-5.jpg  

?

Thanks Spotter! so in that part (shorter than live one) there was only a delay fuze.

Yes thats correct,just the delay element in that part that remains on yours and the percussion cap at the top,,ive mocked up mine with a dummy det so you can see a bit clearer,also ive attatched a photo close up of mine you can just make out the remains of the detonator
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DSC00198.jpg   DSC00193.jpg  

DSC00196.jpg  

?

Thank you very much, now it's really clear. By the way, I just joined your forum !

Glad to be of help Matt,,and i hope you enjoy my site as much as i enjoy this one.
    regards allan

Hi Guys, I just joined this great site and thought I would make my first post. Good explanation spotter and nice pics. Just to add, here is a cut away I made and you can see the detonator in this pic and a pic of a used MKII fuze. You can see the remains of the detonator.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cut away 009.jpg   gun broker 018.jpg  

thats a nice cut,

Quote by spotter View Post
    thats a nice cut,

Thanks spotter. This was a ground found body and as luck would have it the pitting was right where I needed to make my cut. I also have enough fuzes so I only use damaged ones for a cut away.

?

thanks for the extra infos and pics detective!