Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk 2 pineapples

Article about: Since we have some professionals in the forum, I would like to ask a question. I was watching this website Hayes Otoupalik and my attention was caught by this fuze. I have no particular know

?

Default Mk 2 pineapples

Since we have some professionals in the forum, I would like to ask a question. I was watching this website

Hayes Otoupalik

and my attention was caught by this fuze.

I have no particular knowledge or interest in such things, but I had always thought the the detonator was inside the small tube portraited in the picture. They say it's an inert piece though. Anyone has a exploded drawing of such fuze or can clear my doubts? Maybe is there only the striking pin inside? Tks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk 2 pineapples  

Default Re: Mk 2 pineapples

Thats a fired Inert fuze/det assembly which is just re assembled ,have a look at the drawing ive attatched,,what you have are the parts labled A ,as you can see with the complete unfired det assembly (part B) it is much longer..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk 2 pineapples  

?

Thanks Spotter! so in that part (shorter than live one) there was only a delay fuze.

Yes thats correct,just the delay element in that part that remains on yours and the percussion cap at the top,,ive mocked up mine with a dummy det so you can see a bit clearer,also ive attatched a photo close up of mine you can just make out the remains of the detonator
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk 2 pineapples   Mk 2 pineapples  

Mk 2 pineapples  

?

Thank you very much, now it's really clear. By the way, I just joined your forum !

Glad to be of help Matt,,and i hope you enjoy my site as much as i enjoy this one.
    regards allan

Hi Guys, I just joined this great site and thought I would make my first post. Good explanation spotter and nice pics. Just to add, here is a cut away I made and you can see the detonator in this pic and a pic of a used MKII fuze. You can see the remains of the detonator.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk 2 pineapples   Mk 2 pineapples  

thats a nice cut,

Quote by spotter View Post
    thats a nice cut,

Thanks spotter. This was a ground found body and as luck would have it the pitting was right where I needed to make my cut. I also have enough fuzes so I only use damaged ones for a cut away.

?

thanks for the extra infos and pics detective!