Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Motorpunkter

Article about: Hello, A while ago i found a little piece of aluminium with this text on it: "Zubehor fur motorpunkter 1 fur Pz. Kpfw II Nr. 14 Thomsen & Schwarzkopf Kiel - Wik" Most of the te

Niels Dassen
    ?

Default Motorpunkter

Hello,

A while ago i found a little piece of aluminium with this text on it: "Zubehor fur motorpunkter 1 fur Pz. Kpfw II Nr. 14 Thomsen & Schwarzkopf Kiel - Wik"

Most of the text speaks for itself, the only thing i don't know is what a motorpunkter is.
    Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
    Niels
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motorpunkter  

Default Re: Motorpunkter

As far as I know, a "Motorpunkter" was basically the same thing as "Scott's Dotter" [See: Fifty Years in the Royal Navy by Admiral Sir Percy Scott, Bt., (Scroll down to 87 through 88) ] a device for gunnery training.

Niels Dassen
    ?

Thank you for the information HPL2008,

I found some info for a similar device for the big guns on the Bismarck, but that's all i found about a motorpunkter.
    The text on aluminium plate implies that every Pzkpfw II had his own set of this device ( the number 14 is added later), if they were this common you should think that there would be more information to find about the subject.

"Motorpunkter" would be translated as "motor points" - perhaps electrical contactors for a motor-driven turret?

Quote by ricvee2005 View Post
    "Motorpunkter" would be translated as "motor points" - perhaps electrical contactors for a motor-driven turret?
    Actually, it literally translates as "motor dotter" or, more loosely, "powered dotter". As for what it is, please see my above post.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.