Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mystery "Tank" - location Afghanistan

Article about: These types of small 2 man tankettes were a common vehicle in most armies of the 20s and 30s-cheap to make and run and of some use in 'colonial' policing and warfare-the CV33 was, as stated

Default Re: Mystery "Tank" - location Afghanistan

These types of small 2 man tankettes were a common vehicle in most armies of the 20s and 30s-cheap to make and run and of some use in 'colonial' policing and warfare-the CV33 was, as stated very widely exported by the Italians as arms sales were important to their industry and gave some political influence-were also sold to the old enemy Austria. The Afgans also bought a small batch of the Czech made Skoda TNHP light tanks in the late 30s (the type made under German control as the Panzer 38t).

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    It's almost criminal to have men fight in such death-traps...useful for towing artillery, I presume...
    Italians were so mad to fight with these "sardine boxes" against Allied Sherman.

Your big mistake was why didnt you bring it back? Leaving it in that flea pit. Nip back and getit and slip the air load master some beer money for his troubles.

On the basis that the battle damaged Soviet helmet I found was confiscated by the RMP at my departure airfield, I reckon it would take more than a slab to blag a ride for the little tank. I did get some helicopter tires that I found in a ditch back that way though!

The tankette shown was not in Kabul - much further south.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12