Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Northern France finds.

Article about: Hi all. I thought I would pop some recent finds on The Forum for people to see. Its a bit of a mixture. Surprisingly most, except for the helmet,come from the same huge field.

Default Northern France finds.

Hi all. I thought I would pop some recent finds on The Forum for people to see. Its a bit of a mixture. Surprisingly most, except for the helmet,come from the same huge field.

Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.Northern France finds.

added some details as I would like some id help if possible on some items.
    Top left pic 1, top right pic 2 etc.
    pic 1...... jeep jack part, (thanks to earlymb) pic 2...... electrical box from JU188 pic 3..... no idea, any clues please? pic 4...... ditto pic 5...... ammo drum from JU188
    pic 6......... unidentified item from JU188. looks like fixes to exterior and for cooling oil or for producing smoke screen. Is that a possibility? I have more pics if anyone can help. pic 7....... Complete radiator from JU188. I also have another 3 all broken up ones. pic 8........ id plaque from JU188 pics 9, 10, 11, 20.....
    oxygen cyclinder JU188 pic 12....... id plaque from JU188 pic 13, 14, 15 .....British helmet half has rotted away as this was lowest part in the ground and collected water. pics 16, 17, 18, 19....... Sherman and German (possibly Panther?) tank links pic 21.......French (dated from WW1 and WW2 75FB) shell case heads. Found 200+ so far. Basque region. pic 22..... 4 Sherman track links, unused and still with original stencil part numbers intact pics 23, 24.....Canadian cap badge (tank) pic 25...... unidentified, unless piece of Jeep jack. any ideas please?

I will keep adding to this thread as I clean, sort and get time to do so. Thanks for all your comments and help.

Kind regards
    Francis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Northern France finds.   Northern France finds.  

Northern France finds.   Northern France finds.  

Northern France finds.  
    Last edited by francis; 02-02-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added description.

Some very interesting finds, particularly the tank tracks.

Like the links and the Canadian tank Rgt badge. Time hasn't been kind to the Brodie though.

First pic is a jack for a G503 MB/GPW jeep.

Some very nice finds there. I'd be a bit wary of the gas cylinder/fire extinguisher, if it's still pressurised and it ruptures it could cause a bit of damage to the surrounding area.

Hi earlymb. Thank you for the Id. I had now idea what it was only that it was wwll era. Kind regards. Francis

Thanks Gunny Hartmann for your advice, no pressure here man, just relax and chill...... ;-)

Hi BlackCat1982. Thank you for your comment. You are right, not the best of conditions. But it means a lot to me as it is 'as found', in situ and along with all my other Sherman parts it adds to the full picture. Kind regards, Francis

Quote by francis View Post
    Thanks Gunny Hartmann for your advice, no pressure here man, just relax and chill...... ;-)
    Pleased to hear it

The German link is from a Panther by the way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast