Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Panther tank recovered by Army

Article about: Has anyone seen this?? A 78 year old pensioner in Germany had some items squirreled away on his property including an intact Panther. The tank has been seized along with an anti-tank gun and

I' m sure i saw this man 30 years ago, the Panther was not complete but his workers were on it.
    his man had many caves with closed doors, uniforms(fakes), RZ 20...He wanted to buy other tanks and knew all about tanks in Europe.
    One friend told me he had one allowance sine 2005 for these items.
    Why the army and police came? Because his name was on a list of Germans with money in Switzerland...
    I'm sure it's the begining of the story.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I think I can add some detail behind this.

The person involved is not named in the article, but I suspect I know who he is? I think it will be Herr Flick. (No joke from Allo, Allo.).

If so, the tank was completed in 1945 by REME of the British Army from an incomplete example of a Panther G found in a factory. It was then shipped to the UK and used for evaluation testing. It was later scrapped, but was rediscovered in a scrapyard in southern England. This was covered in "After the Battle" magazine and I know the person who recovered it. Herr Flick bought the Panther and has owned it since the 1970's.

This is a very sad day.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes Ade, it's him...I remember also a smal submarine.
    Everywhere reinforced doors.
    He knew Mme Morat in Trun(like me) and the officer in chief of Saumur.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

CarlosMuro2
    ?

Default Wow! a lot of pics of two of the best WWII German weapons, well-preserved, were found in a private house in Germany

Wow! a lot of pics of two of the best WWII German weapons, well-preserved, were found in a private house in Germany

On July 2, 2015, in Kitzeberg, near Kiel in northern Germany, German authorities have seized a Panzer V "Panther" tank, a 88mm flak gun, a torpedo and multiple other World War II-era military weapons in a raid on a 78-year-old collector's storage facility, David Rising, AP's journalist, reports on wsls.com.

I have collected for you several pictures from Internet about this fact.

typical over reaction by the rulers.

?

I can only dream about having an underground garage that size, yet alone his fantastic collection. Keeping anything TR related in quantity in Germany is always an invitation for the authorities to 'investigate'. I hope he gets them back. Not sure about the huge sculptures though, which are truly amazing, as the 'legal ownership' might be a little iffy.

They also found a V1 and torpedo.

?

It's been common knowledge that he had this Panther tank for years! Even me, way across the pond in Alabama knew he had it. Why are they bothering him now? Apparently he has money they want...

its sad hes looked after them so well,

seems the new german goverment dont care for priceless stuff like a panther and 88mm Flak

why would they take them dose he need a licence to own a tank and Flak?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast