Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerfaust relic

Article about: I prefer to leave them on the place where it was found

Default Re: Panzerfaust relic

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The peoples who is just read this and first time going to deactivate this device I will add something
    1. You did not have save function to restore your live- inside of this piece is flegmatized hexogene, which gives you approx a 80% of painless death if something goes wrong, but don't forget that the 100% of pain will have your family
    2. If sucess, hexogene will leave on you hands for approx a 2 weeks, which sometime can restrict your move in the flights
    3. If you are sure you need to have a piece of rust and you want to do it by yourself- read again paragraph 1 and 2. There a hundreds of the posts in the Russian forums, and there is especially created dedicated subforums, where the peoples remember who is out from the forum this year. I personally know 5 of the guys who lost their lifes on the ordinance. Let's type here but not try to feel what was 65 years ago
    Thanks Dimas but there is no way i would try and deactivate this i think you must have misunderstood me many thanks for your concern and advice Ronnie

it is now safe where nobody can touch it or mess with it GONE to a watery grave
    Last edited by 85ronnies; 03-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Thanks Dimas but there is no way i would try and deactivate this i think you must have misunderstood me many thanks for your concern and advice Ronnie

it is now safe where nobody can touch it or mess with it GONE to a watery grave
    Brings a new meaning to the word 'DEADBAIT'....!!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Brings a new meaning to the word 'DEADBAIT'....!!!

Regards, Ned.
    LOL Bye the way thankyou guys for saving my Ar*e here with the info you have all passed on to me Ronnie

?

I pinned this thread , thanks to all you guys, I think all those into such kind of relics should read it.
    Regards

Matt

Cheers Matt i think i will stick to my dagger collecting ,
    thanks again to everyone Ronnie

here are the remaining pics i took bfore disposing of it
    pic 1 full length without warhead
    Pic 2 view down exhaust tube.
    Pic 3 view when warhead is removed, note internal cap still in place.
    Pic 4 screw holding the black powder charge in place on underside of firing cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust relic   Panzerfaust relic  

Panzerfaust relic   Panzerfaust relic  

Last edited by 85ronnies; 03-06-2011 at 06:39 PM.

?

Hi Ronnie,

I read with interest this thread because although I don't collect dug ordnance I have always liked those tubes.
    In very good conditions they run prohibitive prices whilst you can still find dug items at cheap prices.
    But who deactivated them and how?
    Most of the headcharges I've seen where split in half or burnt. Not sure about how they do that but they are always empty. But the tube, well it is something most of us would have overlooked. Experienced diggers know how to handle these babies (but it is still illegal!) but those like us who spend half day at a military fair and never dug a trench in the russian fields, well ...

This is an example but in the years I've seen many others. Big artillery brass cases with the primer still live, potato mashers with the head empty but with the fuze in the wooden handle, and so on.

Dug stuff is often sold in big,rusty garbage bulk boxes where you have to dig yourself what you want. they're dirty and often stuck parts.
    My personal rule is not to even come closer to anything that is not clean and that you cannot disassemble or inspect.
    Not only for personal safety but also because you may need to prove to any fool that the piece of metal you have as a paper weight is absolutely empty and inert.
    Regards

Matt

Matt i have just added some pics for reference the same time you posted your reply ,
    cheers Ronnie

?

thanks for the additional pics. I guess we'll never know if it was inert or not but under the circumstances you did the right thing. Better than improvising. A rusty tube like that 100% inert can be bought for 20-30 euro so why risking an eye or some finger?
    Regards

Matt

so true or loose even more as Dimas said
    cheers Ronnie

heck i got a 60 panzerfaust from ebay when i got it in i open the box it smelled like black powder big time i look in the tube there was a lot of power still in it ,,and it pass customs go figure on that,,cam from poland to texas usa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast