Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paratroopers and their weapons

Article about: Hi all, I found this hi resolution picture on the net recently and I am not too sure if its genuine or fake, its just that the picture quality is really good. I'm sure you guys will enjoy pi

smz
    ?

Default Paratroopers and their weapons

Hi all,

I found this hi resolution picture on the net recently and I am not too sure if its genuine or fake, its just that the picture quality is really good.

I'm sure you guys will enjoy picking it apart or validating it.

Thanks,

Tom.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paratroopers and their weapons  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paratroopers and their weapons
    P
    Many

davies435
    ?

Default Re: Paratroopers and their weapons

Tom,
    It's fake I'm afraid. The big guy with his back to the camera is a UK re-enactor named Paul M . I (kind of) know him.

mike

Just seen this. Mike is correct. These are UK re-enactors.

(BTW Mike, Paul has just quit re-enactment. )

Cheers, Ade.

davies435
    ?

Ade,
    Well I can't say I'm that surprised. Paul was/is a nice guy but the group seems to always have had a power-struggle with the members wanting very different things from it. Paul and Rod wanted to get the accuracy right and concentrate on that kind of angle but others wanted to portray a "parade-ground" look. I was in that group for a while and went to one or two re-enactments with them (big ones too) but I was gutted that people didn't want to get dirty or wet or even sweat a bit. I never really "left" the group per-say, but moving out to Slovakia kind of made it a long drag to continue. I've been involved with a few events out here (hair-raising safety issues out here - seriously) but the parachute school ties up a lot of my free-time now, so most of my gear is in boxes and has been for a while. Flea-markets out here are great for collecting and it's wonderful to be in a place where you find WWII relics in the forest almost every time you go there. Gun laws are also a breath of fresh air too!

Mike