Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Part of a FW-190 - but what part???

Article about: HI All, Yes, I bought ANOTHER relic aircraft part! ( surprise, surprise ) This time it's from a Focke Wulf 190-A8 that was destroyed either by Russian forces ( or before their arrival ) at S

Default Part of a FW-190 - but what part???

HI All,
    Yes, I bought ANOTHER relic aircraft part! ( surprise, surprise )

This time it's from a Focke Wulf 190-A8 that was destroyed either by Russian forces ( or before their arrival ) at Schönwalde airfield, near the towns of Schönwalde and Bötzow, outside of Berlin and pushed into a pit & buried.

It's 40 x 14 x 6 centimeters and shaped like a flap ( a trim flap maybe? ) with some small arms damage to it.
    Any FW-190 experts among us? ....... love to know exactly where it came from.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Part of a FW-190 - but what part???   Part of a FW-190 - but what part???  

Part of a FW-190 - but what part???   Part of a FW-190 - but what part???  

Part of a FW-190 - but what part???  

Default Re: Part of a FW-190 - but what part???

It looks bit like an end off a control surface like an elevator. Is it heavy to the front? Control surfaces were typically counter weighted.

BTW - I have box of bits from a 1944 109 g4 crash, pilots details etc. if you want to make an offer I can send you details and pictures. PM me.

113 views and only 1 reply - I knew it wasn't an going to be an easy question. Consensus among others ( outside the forum ) seems to be that it's part of a strut or a cannon blister or wheel spat or ............ pick a number, have a guess! May not even be off a FW-190 as the Schonefeld airport was the main factory and test ground for Henschel aircraft.

So, all I know is that it's a cool German aircraft part with bullet damage ......and I LOVE damaged relics!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Dan

If it had any linkage I'd say it was trim tab, there do not seem to be any attach points for the structure. Any numbers on it?

I agree Dan. A cool piece of WWII aircraft history, no matter
    what part of what plane it comes from.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by asterperious View Post
    It looks bit like an end off a control surface like an elevator. Is it heavy to the front? Control surfaces were typically counter weighted.
    HI, No weights or numbers on the piece sadly ........ may well remain a mystery. PM sent on the other issue.

Dan