Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.

Article about: Dear Friends, I would like to ask some help. I found these debris on the crashsite of a B-25. I would like to get answers for two questions: 1 – Is it possible to identify the plane with tho

Default Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.

Dear Friends,

I would like to ask some help. I found these debris on the crashsite of a B-25. I would like to get answers for two questions:

1 – Is it possible to identify the plane with those part numbers that I found on some parts?

2 – I would like to know, what was these parts and where was theirs original place on the „Mitchell”?

On the first picture, whether, what say the letters in red originally?

What kind of that small calibre ammunition was? Handgun? Or a small machine gun?

Thank you very much for your efforts and help in advance.

Cheers,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.   Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.  

Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.   Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.  

Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.   Parts from a B-25 crashsite. Need some help.  

I wonder if this was a Soviet flown B-25? The shell casing is not from the .50 cal MGs, nor from any pistol I know. Danny

?

Quote by ssg keay View Post
    I wonder if this was a Soviet flown B-25? The shell casing is not from the .50 cal MGs, nor from any pistol I know. Danny
    That could be a Russian 7.62x25 cartridge case...maybe.........Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    That could be a Russian 7.62x25 cartridge case...maybe.........Pete.
    I fully agree with ssg keay but, zwerge this looks like a torn cartridge case for a Soviet pistol (or submachinegun).
    However, the case is too damaged to determine the caliber, nor is the manufacturer as the code is illegible

?

The case I described was used in both a soviet pistol and subgun.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

[QUOTE=zwerge;1157523]The case I described was used in both a soviet pistol and subgun.....Pet
    Sorry Pete, should have put my glasses on!

doubtful you will get ID from those bits.but ask the locals they might know something.

Hi,

Thank you for your fast and precious replies. Yes, it was a B-25 which was flown by Soviet crews. We have been working on this tragic event for 2 years. Our aim is to indentify the plane and her crew. Local peoples have already been interviewed, and archives and every documents have been checked and examined. They know nothing, unfortunately. This is our last chance... the debris.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Gabor

Those are all individual part numbers or extrusion numbers used in manufacturing, assembly and repair. Nothing intrinsic to the whole airframe ID. That is a lot of small stuff, you have some Zsus fastener springs, fluid line clamps, filler necks and general debris. you would need the aircraft serial number something like 43-876543 usually found on a data tag in the cockpit, sometimes on bulkhead frames of major structures and painted on the aircraft tail.

What I can tell you is that your part numbers do indeed relate to a B25, specifically a B25C. The prefix codes 82,90,93,94,96 are all from this aircraft type. Let me have a good look at some of your other pictures to see if there is anything that may lead to a specific aircraft, but it's a long shot!

Hope that little bit helps for now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast